How the federal reserve has a right to print money if its not a part of goverment?

And why does it even have stocks? And who decides who gets these stocks? Arent GOVERMENTS supposed to print money? Why is there a certain group of privilliged stcok owners that enjoy the profits of a company that can buy real life assets with non real money that costs them only the paper and ink on which they print it? If the fed has stocks, why doesnt the goverment own these stocks?

P.S: I am sorry if im wrong about some, or all what ive said here. Its hard to find reliable, unbiased resources on the internet.

(I believe that while being an economic subject, this falls in the category of "politics" as well.)

Last edited:

pugsville

Ad Honorem
Oct 2010
History forum not politics,

But All banks (or anyone extending credit really ) that write loans without having deposits to cover it, are effectively printing money. Modern fiance and economy complex subject.

History forum not politics,

But All banks (or anyone extending credit really ) that write loans without having deposits to cover it, are effectively printing money. Modern fiance and economy complex subject.
"The study of money, above all other fields in economics, is one in which complexity is used to disguise truth or to evade truth, not to reveal it"

I dont know if this quote is relevant or not, but in my laymans view, it seems like all this complication is just made up to cover a simple scheme. I dont know - maybe ive been in too many conspiracy sites :suspicious::suspicious:

Toltec

Ad Honorem
Apr 2008
Hyperborea
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ov2Sd-QRi_g]Money Creation in a Fractional Reserve Banking System - YouTube[/ame]

Jun 2012
And why does it even have stocks? And who decides who gets these stocks? Arent GOVERMENTS supposed to print money? Why is there a certain group of privilliged stcok owners that enjoy the profits of a company that can buy real life assets with non real money that costs them only the paper and ink on which they print it? If the fed has stocks, why doesnt the goverment own these stocks?
Because the government wants to keep control at arms length. Make no mistake, though, the Federal Reserve is controlled by the government. All its board members are appointed by the government, so is the chairman. And the bulk of the profits the Fed makes are paid back to the government.

Last edited:
Because the government wants to keep control at arms length. Make no mistake, though, the Federal Reserve is controlled by the government. All its board members are appointed by the government, so is the chairman. And the bulk of the profits the Fed makes are paid back to the government.
Why not just make it a goverment agency? Why must the goverment sell bonds, and not directly make the money itself? What justification is there for any private party (fed stock owners) earning ONE PENNY out of money that is technically the goverments? Why have this middle man?

May 2013
usa
They conned government into thinking that lawmakers cannot be trusted with infinite printing. Of course now days it take dirty pac money to get elected which feed both parties so lawmakers are on their side lol. They bailed out banks instead of home owners.

Similar History Discussions