How the Great Pyramid was built

specul8

Ad Honorem
Oct 2016
Australia
Until there is hard evidence to the contrary, I'll stick with; a tomb.

Yeah, I'm aware a lot of TS stuff is not original by any means. They lifted a lot from Indian beliefs. The occult stuff had been around for very long time**

Not sure what symbolism you mean.Do you mean the stuff in The Secret Doctrine, such as "the seven root races of man" ?
Ewwww ... no . I was referring to parts of the passage that was read out in the video

I mean things like "Mercury has to be ever near Isis '" ... " without Mercury neither Isis nor Osiris can accomplish anything " .... 'cryptic hermetic stuff ' , but with inner meaning that can be helpfully applied .

Do you I understand the symbolism?
Ummmm ....... ( I will assume the ' I ' is the typo there ^ ) yes .

I'm not sure if Blavatski was smart enough for anything subtle.
I think she was .

Subtle;
thin, tenuous, or rarefied, fine or delicate in meaning or intent; difficult to perceive or understand.
faint and mysterious
requiring mental acuteness, penetration, or discernment
characterized by mental acuteness or penetration
cunning, wily, or crafty:

**see "The Occult" by Colin Wilson. A very uneven book, with a lot of rubbish among the genuine information. Wilson was a believer, so accepted a lot of stuff uncritically.
No thanks . Terrible reference to the subject ! I had that crappy book way back as a teenager ! terribly out of date too - 1970, and it was bad even then. I have no idea how Wilson ever got any credit in the first place ? Just after a buck, I suppose - he went on to write about serial killers and sex crimes . What we call 'an armchair occultist', someone that goes on a lot about it, but with little practical experience

" .
Science writer Martin Gardner saw Wilson as an intelligent writer but duped by paranormal claims. He once commented that "Colin bought it all. With unparalleled egotism and scientific ignorance he believed almost everything he read about the paranormal, no matter how outrageous." Gardner described Wilson's book The Geller Phenomenon as "the most gullible book ever written about the Israeli charlatan". Gardner concluded that Wilson had decayed into an "occult eccentric" writing books for the "lunatic fringe".[26]

The psychologist Dorothy Rowe gave Wilson's book Men of Mystery a negative review and wrote that it "does nothing to advance research into the paranormal".[27]

Benjamin Radford has written that Wilson had a "bias toward mystery-mongering" and that he ignored scientific and skeptical arguments on some of the topics he wrote about. Radford described Wilson's book The Mammoth Encyclopedia of the Unsolved as "riddled with errors and obfuscating omissions, betraying a bizarre disregard for accuracy"

Colin Wilson - Wikipedia

specul8

Ad Honorem
Oct 2016
Australia
The out and out loony toons woo began about 0.5 seconds after the last known hieroglyph was inscribed at Philae in 394 AD. The modern claptrap, as has been said, can mostly be laid at the door of Blavatsky. Pyramidiocy, something I see a little aside from the esoteric woo, begins in earnest with R.A. Schwaller de Lubicz. Well, he did not in fact write specifically about the pyramids but about the temples, the religion and the symbology. However, he laid down the template for how a total crap psuedo science book on pyramids can be laid out. He pioneered the use of illustrations ringed with dimensions which can mean anything, and the almost obsessive use of mathematical formula, which again can mean anything. Fomenko, while also not a pyramidiot, makes the same use of dense formula to contract time. Take a look at Lubicz's Temple of Man and you will exactly what I mean, that is if you have not only the mental strength to engage with this massive work, but also the physical strength to lift either of the two volumes....

I did , years back ..... my poor brain ! Sorry brain , I will not do that to you again.

specul8

Ad Honorem
Oct 2016
Australia
Yeah, that's the latest theory of which I was aware before seeing that claim of building the pyramid for the inside. Haven't quite got my head around that one yet.

Although the outside ramp makes perfect sense to me, I can't quite grasp the bit about filling in the ramp from the top. At that point, wouldn't the pyramid be completed?So the ramp would be dismantled from the top?

I've always imaged the ramps as having bricks on the outside ,and filled with sand. The problem with that idea is I think they would need a solid base to use their sleds/ rollers to move the massive stones.
Like I said earlier, they have found 'railway tracks' made of wood ; the 'sleepers' lay on the sand or ground, the 'rails' are long wooden beams and the rollers run along the rails .
What do you think of the idea that canals were built from the Nile to the pyramid site, to transport the large stones?
Certainly !

Last edited:

Corvidius

Ad Honorem
Jul 2017
Crows nest
I did , years back ..... my poor brain ! Sorry brain , I will not do that to you again.
Then avert your eyes as this quote is not for you, but serves as a warning to the curious

He is writing about "Genharmony" and the "Law of Genesis", illustrated by wall scenes from Dendera showing Hathor and several variants of Horus, and then several diagrams of geometric shapes and algebraic equations. He knew better, but I guess Dendera, like the Great Pyramid, is a great generator of woo and turns peoples minds.

This becoming relates to Creation and to the esoteric function of Creation, and is going to command the phenomenal function beginning with the first Number Two, the first space defined in volume. the first tone (thereafter, the first octave).
With the first tone, or volume, the created exoteric world begins, a volume entering into relationship with a volume, which is a scission between time and space. The scale then discloses the numbers and, through them, all possible functions, that is, all consciousness and all the internal relationships of matter.
This concerns the exoterism of the world, hence the relationship of quantities among themselves for which there is time separate from space and whose new liaison is made by movement.
By the word movement I presume this to be either a reference to the "Movementarians" from The Simpsons, [ A few decades before them I know], or another type of movement directly related to his writing "Number Two"....

Last edited:
Oct 2009
San Diego
I have a memory of about 30 years ago of sonar scans being done on Khufu's pyramid by the French. However, I can't find any reference online. I guess I may have misremembered

I did find a Huffpost article about a thermal scan.

'Anomaly' Discovered At Egypt's Great Pyramid

Let's accept the clam that the pyramid is filled with rubble.What about the massive stone blocks on the outside from base to top? There remains the question of how those stones were put in place. The original questions remain, just as difficult, easier only by degree.
I wish people would just STOP forwarding their unfounded beliefs about how difficult it is to move heavy stones. Its not even remotely difficult. All it takes is a bunch of guys. And MOST of the stones in the pyramid weigh between 1.8 and 2.4 tons. That is just not that heavy. 8 or 10 guys could literally RUN a stone like that up a 20 degree ramp if the ramp was surfaced with hard stone, and lightly dusted with sand.
I know because I have moved heavy stones.
The biggest stone I moved by hand was over 7 tons and it took just two of us with some prybars and a few smaller rocks.

Just look around the ancient world- ALL over the place stone age and bronze age people cut dressed and transported massive stones. The incans did it. Eastern Islanders did it. The folks that built Stonehenge did it.

Its Not impossible. It just takes a certain native cleverness and a lot of hard experience. And the ancients were JUST as clever as we are-

here's a guy moving and erecting stonehenge sized monoliths all by himself.

note that the configuration of Stonehenge's trilithons enables them to have used the two uprights as the shoring frames for lifting the lintels to the top.

Last edited:

specul8

Ad Honorem
Oct 2016
Australia
Then avert your eyes as this quote is not for you, but serves as a warning to the curious

He is writing about "Genharmony" and the "Law of Genesis", illustrated by wall scenes from Dendera showing Hathor and several variants of Horus, and then several diagrams of geometric shapes and algebraic equations. He knew better, but I guess Dendera, like the Great Pyramid, is a great generator of woo and turns peoples minds.

By the word movement I presume this to be either a reference to the "Movementarians" from The Simpsons, [ A few decades before them I know], or another type of movement directly related to his writing "Number Two"....
Well, you can hardly understand it from just looking at the wall ! You need to incorprate his important discovery ; you have to walk around and look at what is written on the other side of each block and transpose the two writings and images together :smirk:

- I think I know where he got that idea from ;)

Corvidius

Ad Honorem
Jul 2017
Crows nest
I'll admit that for a short time back in the days I did think there was something in this transposition of images on some of the walls at Karnak, before realizing it was hokum. That's the danger of Lubicz, he actually knew his onions and did good work at Karnak, so in youthfull naivety you at first don't see the hokum elements for what they are. I read Daniken when I was about fourteen and thought he had nailed it, oh well....

Similar History Discussions