how to find 19th century book?

Aug 2016
Poland
Hi, I found out that one of my ancestors served in Austohungarian 66th Inf regiment and fell in Italy in Battle of Custoza.

I found out that there is 19th century book about this regiment. Any idea how can I find such thing?

WIBIRAL, CARL; GOTTESHEIM, LUDWIG FRHR. VON; JACZ, COLOMAN: Die Geschichte des k. u. k. Infanterie-Regimentes Ferdinand IV. Großherzog von Toscana No. 66. 1860 - 1891. Budapest: 1892

Triceratops

Ad Honorem
Dec 2011
Late Cretaceous
I haven't been able to find the book.

Have found some information about the 66th Infantry.

It was recruited in the County of Ung ( Unghvar ) which was in Hungary in 1866, but is now in the Ukraine. In common with Austro-Hungarian practice, the Regiment was stationed outwith its' recruitment area. Battalions I-III were garrisoned in Verona, though Battalion IV was stationed in Ung ( presumably this was a Reserve Battalion)

The 66th formed part of the Brigade Bock, IX Corps, of the Sud Armee, and was commanded by Oberst Georg Syrbu at Custozza.

The records of the Austro-Hungarian Army for 1866 are held in the Vienna State Archives. So, if you ever visit Vienna, something to look for.

The Austrian South Army - Battle of Custozza 1866

Austro-Hungarian Army - Peacetime Locations and Recruiting Areas 1866

Austro-Hungarian Army Records

German Genealogy: Short Guide to the Vienna War Archive

Austro-Hungarian 66th Infantry Regiment at Custozza, June 1866: by Hasemann:

Last edited:
Aug 2016
Poland
Fantastic, thank you.
Interesting story after 150 years.... Polish officer in Austrohungarian army led storm column composed of Slovaks, Ukrainians and Hungarians to fight Italian grenadiers and to find death in hot sun in Italian soil. I need to visit this place.

Mar 2017
Colorado
Hi, I found out that one of my ancestors served in Austohungarian 66th Inf regiment and fell in Italy in Battle of Custoza.

I found out that there is 19th century book about this regiment. Any idea how can I find such thing?

WIBIRAL, CARL; GOTTESHEIM, LUDWIG FRHR. VON; JACZ, COLOMAN: Die Geschichte des k. u. k. Infanterie-Regimentes Ferdinand IV. Großherzog von Toscana No. 66. 1860 - 1891. Budapest: 1892
I've had a lot of good luck finding old published texts, available online, from German libraries and universities. I've generally looked for Medieval stuff, but that's where I would look for this book.