How was the Mexican-American War viewed by Americans decades later?

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
In his memoirs (which were completed shortly before his death in 1885), former U.S. President and former Union Army General Ulysses S. Grant discussed his opposition to the 1845 U.S. annexation of Texas as well as to the subsequent Mexican-American War (1846-1848):

W. W. Norton & Company | America: A Narrative History, 7 e Brief

Have there been any other Americans who mentioned their views on the Mexican-American War decades after the end of this war? If so, who were these Americans and what were their views about this war?

Basically, I'm interested in seeing the attitudes of Americans in the late 19th and early 20th centuries towards the Mexican-American War.

Jun 2018
New Hampshire
In his memoirs (which were completed shortly before his death in 1885), former U.S. President and former Union Army General Ulysses S. Grant discussed his opposition to the 1845 U.S. annexation of Texas as well as to the subsequent Mexican-American War (1846-1848):

W. W. Norton & Company | America: A Narrative History, 7 e Brief

Have there been any other Americans who mentioned their views on the Mexican-American War decades after the end of this war? If so, who were these Americans and what were their views about this war?

Basically, I'm interested in seeing the attitudes of Americans in the late 19th and early 20th centuries towards the Mexican-American War.
I seem to recall that Abraham Lincoln was a vocal opponent of the war during his time in the House of Representatives. I will have to check the sources.

Similar History Discussions