How well is 濟 dynasty known in Chinese history as a descendant to Goguryeo?

Oct 2018
China
Lets not get extreme here. We are discussing the Qi nation, not venting our frustrations over some niche history adventurists.
Im on board with what other people have said, that Yijeonggi was a warlord. Its interesting how they managed to get to Shandong, and march onto Chang An however.
Sorry, don't bother you, I don't mean it.

Sep 2016
天下
South Korea is our fragile neighbor. It is good at twisting history and creating history. Why do Koreans always love to tamper with history! Because China and Japan have history books, and South Korea does not, their history in Korea is like a blank paper.
You better stop this condescating tone and accusation. You add nothing to the discussion and you are just spamming the thread. This thread is about Li Zhengji and his descendants, not about your stance to South Korean amateur historiography.

Jun 2014
Earth
When Isado rebelled in september, King Hyunjong requested our troops. General Kim Woong Won was ordered to take 30,000 armored soldiers and help. (Samguksagi King Hyungdeok 11th year)
Who is Isado? Who is King Hyungjob and General Kim Woong Won? How are they related to this story?

Its interesting how they managed to get to Shandong, and march onto Chang An however.
Where are you getting this information? Is this from the epic work of fiction also known as the Hwandan Gogi?

Last edited:

heylouis

Ad Honorem
Apr 2013
China
Samguk Sagi, 1145
old book of tang, 941-945
new book of tang, 1044-1060

why people would look into samguk sagi on stories that silla was not in fact familiar, and which book was compiled so late?
late is not its problem, but where you think it got the sources? did the silla authors also recorded the fact the li family traded silla slaves?

If you have nothing to add to the discussion, you should probably stay out of it.
Im just curious what chinese records say about the Qi nation, because I obviously cannot read chinese.
If you learned something new through this discussion, you should consider it a step forward in the pursuit of knowledge, instead of getting nationalistic condescending.
Samguk sagi is famous for its sinocentric viewpoints, so i highly doubt they intended to make Tang dynasty look bad by adding the silla reinforcements that didnt exist. But how would I know, I wasnt there. Thats why I brought it up in this forum. Whats interesting is the wording in the recod feels like Tang dynasty demanded Silla troops, (징발), which means conscription. I assume even though Silla was independent, there was a quasi older brother relationship like in Ming Joseon times, where they send troops to help each other in times of need.

And Would you please stop ending every one of your posts with Hwandan Gogi? That book is about prehistoric neolithic era, not at all relevant to discussion in premodern period.

Silla and tang were close allies that brought down Goguryeo together, which also had an internal mutiny, btw, when it collapsed. So i would assume they work together on other things too. The sillan Chang Bo Go was even a commander in Tang army, before he went back to silla and founded his commercial empire.

Last edited:
If you have nothing to add to the discussion, you should probably stay out of it.
Im just curious what chinese records say about the Qi nation, because I obviously cannot read chinese.
If you learned something new through this discussion, you should consider it a step forward in the pursuit of knowledge, instead of getting nationalistic condescending.
Samguk sagi is famous for its sinocentric viewpoints, so i highly doubt they intended to make Tang dynasty look bad by adding the silla reinforcements that didnt exist. But how would I know, I wasnt there. Thats why I brought it up in this forum. Whats interesting is the wording in the recod feels like Tang dynasty demanded Silla troops, (징발), which means conscription. I assume even though Silla was independent, there was a quasi older brother relationship like in Ming Joseon times, where they send troops to help each other in times of need.

And Would you please stop ending every one of your posts with Hwandan Gogi? That book is about prehistoric neolithic era, not at all relevant to discussion in premodern period.

Silla and tang were close allies that brought down Goguryeo together, which also had an internal mutiny, btw, when it collapsed. So i would assume they work together on other things too. The sillan Chang Bo Go was even a commander in Tang army, before he went back to silla and founded his commercial empire.
There is no nationalism on my part, and just because I don't go along with your assertions doesn't mean I am not adding anything. I actually added my own assertions to the discussion.

For me, it's just amazing to me where all this information about Korea comes from. Let's take this one step at a time.

Where did you get the information that this Qi "dynasty" was created by Goguryeo refugees settling in Shandong?

Because that and whether or not Tang demanded Silla troops are two entirely different matters.

Similar History Discussions