How would Europe changed if the soviets took Warsaw in 1920?

Mar 2019
Cisalpine Gaul (Italy)
In 1920 the Soviets pushed into Poland, putting in risk the existence of the country. But because of Stalin, who at the time was the political commissar of southern polish front, the troops were split (putting too much forces on the Lvov front), this event with logistical problems, let the polish to counter attack at gates of Warsaw; the war resulted in a humiliating defeat for the Soviets, who had to cede some territories to Poland.
PBW_August_1920.png

But how could have things gone differently if the Soviets took Warsaw?

P.s: this is pure speculation and don't pretend to be historically accurate.
I know to the red army had more problems, but this post doesn't aim to discuss about those.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
I've read that the Soviets and Germans would have been willing to restore the 1914 German borders in the east in such a scenario. I don't think that the Freikorps would have allowed the Soviets to conquer Germany--and neither would Britain and France.

Also, do you think that the Soviets would have won at Warsaw had they sent all of their forces there?

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
BTW, the Speculative History section is a better place for this thread--or at least it would be if that section of the forum had more life. That section of the forum sadly seems mostly deserted nowadays. :(

Apr 2017
U.S.A.
Had they been successful, the Soviets may have pressed on, conquering the fledgling Baltic states and possibly threatening Finland, Romania and Germany. If they did push towards central Europe, the allies may intervene.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Had they been successful, the Soviets may have pressed on, conquering the fledgling Baltic states and possibly threatening Finland, Romania and Germany. If they did push towards central Europe, the allies may intervene.
The Baltic countries, Finland, Moldova, and northern Bukovina are very possible. Beyond that, though, it's going to be harder for the Soviets due to the very serious risk of Great Power military intervention.

Mar 2019
Cisalpine Gaul (Italy)
I've read that the Soviets and Germans would have been willing to restore the 1914 German borders in the east in such a scenario. I don't think that the Freikorps would have allowed the Soviets to conquer Germany--and neither would Britain and France.

Also, do you think that the Soviets would have won at Warsaw had they sent all of their forces there?
Perhaps they could, probably it would have been hard and costly. Soviets had deserters, logistical problems because of their overextencion made in the last two months.

I think that would have been revolutions in Europe, like Germany, France and Italy.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Perhaps they could, probably it would have been hard and costly. Soviets had deserters, logistical problems because of their overextencion made in the last two months.
OK.

I think that would have been revolutions in Europe, like Germany, France and Italy.
Attempted revolutions? Yes, very possibly. Successful revolutions? This I'm much, much less sure about.