How would you respond to these ignorant claims about African history and bad culture?

Status
Closed
Apr 2018
Canada
So some moron recently told me this on Trump's shithole comments, his reason why he thinks they are shitholes is due to culture:

"The truth is, neither is a positive thing to say, but I think what Trump was getting at is that these countries are unstable and have some bad cultural aspects but America, where I live, has some of that too. There are still good things we can take from these foreign cultures, but not all cultures are good. A lot of these countries still have things like terrorism, rape, gangs, child-rape, and human trafficking running amuck so with that in mind, I think it's safe to say that Trump was within reason to say what he said, he just could have chosen better words."

"Yes, I'm aware of all of it but again, we didn't force the inhumane traditional practices that some of these cultures have on them. We DID leave them in shambles after slave-trading but the West has done a good job of making up for our past sins through abolition and the Judeo-Christian philosophy that all men are created equally."

(No, he is clearly not aware of it all seeing that colonialism came AFTER slavery. I think he believes they are one and the same)

" I'm not wrong about them though and I was able to admit there are cultural issues in my country as well. You can't just sugar coat the bad cultures of those other countries like they are perfect and the only reason there are problems is all because of "white colonialism" or some other problem that leftists will likely pull out of their asses every time they run out of arguments. Colonialism can be to blame for tons of things but there are cultural issues that have been prevalent since ancient times which the white race did not start. I may not know tons of history about Africa but I have enough common sense to know that and that's all that's needed."

So apparently, common sense is better than knowing history?

How would you properly respond?

Status
Closed

Similar History Discussions