Human extinction

Sep 2013
Ireland
1/ Is human extinction at this stage a mathematical certainty?

2/ Are we destroying our environment quicker than we can come up with the technology to save it?

3/ Will the world be like one big Easter Island?

Dec 2010
Near St. Louis.
Clear the infection and let the body heal. Once we're gone the Earth will go back to its natural cycles. It might have to start from almost zero, say life around the black smokers, but it will return. And if everything else is lucky there won't be anything like humans develop in the future.

Sep 2013
Ireland
Clear the infection and let the body heal. Once we're gone the Earth will go back to its natural cycles. It might have to start from almost zero, say life around the black smokers, but it will return. And if everything else is lucky there won't be anything like humans develop in the future.
I definitely think there will be a huge population decrease at some stage and maybe this will save the world but the world will be in a bad state for this to happen. I think humans may live on but in smaller pockets, life expectancy's may go way down as well because of a lack of drugs but extinction, I don't know.

Dec 2010
Near St. Louis.
I definitely think there will be a huge population decrease at some stage and maybe this will save the world but the world will be in a bad state for this to happen. I think humans may live on but in smaller pockets, life expectancy's may go way down as well because of a lack of drugs but extinction, I don't know.
The world doesn't have to be in that bad a shape. If a large enough coronal mass ejection, CME, from the sun hits us we'd be back to the 1800s very quickly. That would be the end for most humans.

Similar History Discussions