Hurricane Dorian

AlpinLuke

Forum Staff
Oct 2011
Italy, Lago Maggiore
We are at the end of August / early September, to have a category 5 approaching the coast is not exceptional, but it's not that common [it's a bit early].

But this summer has accumulated a lot of thermal energy in the oceans and in the seas, so that we have to expect these phenomenons for the month of September [waiting for the hell in early October!].

Feb 2014
Miami
It is such a beautiful hurricane though. But this happens due to our Atlantic being so inactive and soaking up all of the summer heat

Angelica

Ad Honorem
Dec 2011
Angel City
Bahamas braces for category four Hurricane Dorian

Several authorities already made serious warnings about the danger thats coming to Florida. Some US officials traced a pretty much apocaliptic scenario for Bahamas.

To all Historum members from the area, stay strong.
This catastrophic storm killed hundreds the government can not give an accurate account because many of the individuals are still missing. The wind was at least 200 miles with huge tide swell. I have family members in Grand Bahama whom we cannot reach due to mass flooding. Abaco was almost demolished. Bodies are everywhere because of the flood rescue mission is hampered. This is truly a nightmare wrapped up in another nightmare. People are trying to recover the dead to avoid an outbreak. Crying is not an option at this moment because we need to stay strong sometime they fall involuntarily. Families are still looking for love ones....this storm was a monster it sat over Abaco for two days when it reached Grand Bahama it stalled moving 1. Mile. You can't make this up we are now a country in crisis. The storm was bad recovery is worse.....????

Angelica

Ad Honorem
Dec 2011
Angel City
People go day to day stunned a vacant look in their eyes. We have never experienced this magnitude of destruction since 1932. Such is life for those who made it out there stories will be told for years to come. Many nations reached out to us with aid. America coast guard assisting with rescue and much more. England sent her navy, Israel sent aid and a medical team. Canada, Jamaica, Babardos so many countries helping with recovery and monetary. We are so humbled by the kindness shown to us we do not take it for granted.

Angelica

Ad Honorem
Dec 2011
Angel City
I am ok physically thank you for asking. Got a hold of my family they were evacuated to Nassau there is truly a survival story. I have this dissonance going on I am glad we don't have to bury another family member I am sad for other families they don't get to hug their family. I am not a political inclined or an enthusiast our government failed us in dealing with the aftermath of the storm. Individuals are still stranded on those islands with the dead. They have little or no supplies because the government produced so many red tape it taking so long to get supplies to those stranded. I volunteered for 1day unfortunately I have so much on my plate I can do more....This is utter chaos.....now we watching another system following the same pattern as Dorian. I am in the capital Nassau we did not experience any devastation because the eye went over Abaco and GrandBahama. We had a lot of rain with flooding yet livable. Thanks for your kind words very warming to the heart.:)

Jul 2019
New Jersey
I am so relieved to hear that everything worked out for your family, even if it's heartbreaking to think about all the others. God bless.