I might be a descendent of King Arthur?

Peter Graham

Ad Honorem
Jan 2014
Westmorland
It is not that hard all you have to do is walk into the British Museum, produce documentation that you are part of a university or a professor working on a paper. Then fill out the forms. Pay a little processing fee. (as well as pay the processing guy's bar tab in my case -meaning I paid twice) Then they will let you go into the basement of the British Museum under guard and let you see anything not currently on display - within reason (there are some objects that are too rare, fragile, or suspect providence - sic - stolen). Then you can see the coins themselves - I do not remember the right lot numbers for the coin. There it is.
Thanks. I can do all of that and have full acess to such places, but the question remains the same - can you direct me to a source to support the assertion that there is a re-strike showing Corocticus? I don't suppose you just stumbled across it whilst you happened to be at the British Museum. Presumably you went looking for it (or others like it) and presumably you only knew to go looking because you had read about it?

This isn't a trap. I'm genuinely interested. As part of my own research, I argue that early medieval coin use was more prevalent than is often assumed to be the case. I am, however, relying entirely on documentary references to make the case. Some of these derive from Patrick, who wrote to a Corocticus. I think the Corocticus in question is the fifth-century Clyde king. If I can produce archaeological evidence for one of his coins, happy days!

Naomasa298

Forum Staff
Apr 2010
T'Republic of Yorkshire
The OP hasn't been back since this thread was opened, but since there is a lively discussion, I have moved it to European History.