I need merchants to sell slaves

Status
Closed
Nov 2019
Maykop
EDIT: At least a grammar error was corrected.
The source of two Russian documents is the museum in Tarkhany (Главная страница - Государственный Лермонтовский музей-заповедник «Тарханы»).
I see that you cannot provide even 1 (one) document on the purchase or sale of slaves in the USA. This is enough not to consider any of your statements serious.
Lack of information is also information. If the historian of metallurgy cannot provide descriptions of the open-hearth furnace, there is nothing to talk about with him. With the documents of slavery the same.

Tulius

Ad Honorem
May 2016
Portugal
The source of two Russian documents is the museum in Tarkhany (Главная страница - Государственный Лермонтовский музей-заповедник «Тарханы»).
I see that you cannot provide even 1 (one) document on the purchase or sale of slaves in the USA. This is enough not to consider any of your statements serious.
Lack of information is also information. If the historian of metallurgy cannot provide descriptions of the open-hearth furnace, there is nothing to talk about with him. With the documents of slavery the same.
Thank you for the link. But the link is not the description of the documents.

Our site has guidelines: https://historum.com/pages/content-guidelines/#citing-sources

And I didn't provided any document for the purchase of slaves in the USA for several motifs, the first is that it was not asked. The second is that it is not me that presents an idea that goes against the current historiography. The third is that I don't know much about the history of the USA.

You are the one that seems to have a point to prove, it was to you that a source was requested.

AlpinLuke

Forum Staff
Oct 2011
Italy, Lago Maggiore
Nov 2019
Maykop
Thank you for the link. But the link is not the description of the documents.
ЦГАДА, ф. 1326, оп. 2, д. 1864, л. 142 — 143 об. Публикация [42, 163 — 164].
ГАПО, ф.34, оп.2, д.870, л. 2 — 3.
If you do not own the material, but oppose on the topic, you perform the function of trolling

Nov 2019
Maykop

AlpinLuke

Forum Staff
Oct 2011
Italy, Lago Maggiore
Thank you very much! Very well. However, a sales contract is required, not a receipt. There are no legal language in the receipt.
Often a receipt was enough [the proper contract was oral].

Anyway you could be interested in evaluating the so called "Bill of Sale" [which was substantially a contract]: this one had written by a judge about the sale of a slave ...
The History Behind a Slave's Bill of Sale

Tulius

Ad Honorem
May 2016
Portugal
ЦГАДА, ф. 1326, оп. 2, д. 1864, л. 142 — 143 об. Публикация [42, 163 — 164].
ГАПО, ф.34, оп.2, д.870, л. 2 — 3.
So I assume that in the Museum site this is the first document:

Купчая Н.А. Нарышкиной на село Никольское Яковлевское тож. 1762 - Государственный Лермонтовский музей-заповедник «Тарханы»

This is the second:

Купчая Е.А. Арсеньевой на село Никольское Яковлевское тож. 1794 - Государственный Лермонтовский музей-заповедник «Тарханы»

Seemed easy enough to provide them! I was not needed that I had to go on fishing them. Thank you, I will take a look.

If you do not own the material, but oppose on the topic, you perform the function of trolling
Could you elaborate? Anyway if you think that I am trolling, please report me!

But in the meanwhile don’t forget my request on post #30: “So, how was slavery implemented in the USA in the first or second decade of the 19th century? Please source your statement.”

Thank you.

Nov 2019
Maykop
Often a receipt was enough [the proper contract was oral].

Anyway you could be interested in evaluating the so called "Bill of Sale" [which was substantially a contract]: this one had written by a judge about the sale of a slave ...
The History Behind a Slave's Bill of Sale
Thanks! If there were several million slaves in the United States, hundreds of thousands of merchants should be in the archives: Spanish, Dutch, English, resale documents with the estate, without the estate, a separate order for the state to pay compensation for the killing of the slave by the police, separate judicial documents for inheritance in controversial cases. I see that there are no such documents.

Status
Closed