I need merchants to sell slaves

Status
Closed
Nov 2019
Maykop
But in the meanwhile don’t forget my request on post #30: “So, how was slavery implemented in the USA in the first or second decade of the 19th century? Please source your statement.”
There was no need for slaves in the United States until the advent of the sugar and cotton industries. Cotton began to be produced in commercial volumes after 1810. and sugar after 1831.

Tulius

Ad Honorem
May 2016
Portugal
There was no need for slaves in the United States until the advent of the sugar and cotton industries. Cotton began to be produced in commercial volumes after 1810. and sugar after 1831.
You already said that in one of your threads. It is yet to be proven that such a statment is correct. And yet that is not a source that slavery begun in the USA after 1810. And a source was requested.

AlpinLuke

Forum Staff
Oct 2011
Italy, Lago Maggiore
You already said that in one of your threads. It is yet to be proven that such a statment is correct. And yet that is not a source that slavery begun in the USA after 1810. And a source was requested.
In fact slavery didn't begun in the USA after 1810 ...

The British American colonies knew already an alive slave trade, so ... The Royal African Company run a rich trade of slave well before that in Northern American someone thought to the independence.

Nov 2019
Maykop
Your conclusion about the continued existence of slavery in the United States must be proved. There must be plantations, there must be a clear legal basis. There must be documents. You have none of this.

Tulius

Ad Honorem
May 2016
Portugal
In fact slavery didn't begun in the USA after 1810 ...

The British American colonies knew already an alive slave trade, so ... The Royal African Company run a rich trade of slave well before that in Northern American someone thought to the independence.
That is my all point, AlpinLuke. I am not the one that is denying it.

What surprises me... well slightly... is that a person that raises a different idea (can’t call it a theory), doesn’t support it with sources.

Your conclusion about the continued existence of slavery in the United States must be proved. There must be plantations, there must be a clear legal basis. There must be documents. You have none of this.
It is not "my" conclusion. Is the current historiographic knowledge about the theme. If you want to go against it and raise your own idea... go... but source it... after all we are in a history forum.

Is the burden of the one that goes against the current paradigm to prove his point, not the other way around.

Reactions: martin76
Nov 2019
Perm
The story behind the slave purchase is a myth. Legal (at the state level) slavery in the United States has never been. Legal slavery has never existed on the planet.

Status
Closed