If America never colonized the Philippines, would the Philippines become one of the richest countries in the world today?

betgo

Ad Honorem
Jul 2011
The Philippines were tribal societies when they were conquered by the Spanish and that is why they were conquered by the Spanish. That is also the main reason they are not advanced now. Neither Spain nor the US did much for them, but that is not the main problem. It also has nothing to do with intelligence, but it is about the nature and development of society.

Reactions: Futurist

Haakbus

Ad Honorem
Aug 2013
United States
I love it how so many third world countries blame all their problems on America, no matter their actual cause. Really easy way for corrupt officials to get off free and continue their crappy policies.

betgo

Ad Honorem
Jul 2011
I don't know what Futurist is talking about with his intelligence theories. Those tests are obviously culturally biased and biased based on education. I am not going to take a position on the ban. I guess he posts so much he eventually was likely to get in trouble. However, I agree that discussion is provocative and marginally relevant to history and to this thread.

Feb 2019
Serbia
I don't know what Futurist is talking about with his intelligence theories. Those tests are obviously culturally biased and biased based on education. I am not going to take a position on the ban. I guess he posts so much he eventually was likely to get in trouble. However, I agree that discussion is provocative and marginally relevant to history and to this thread.
I was pretty surprised to see him post this type of thing because I've come to see him as a logical person who considers all viewpoints and forms his own opinion. I found his views on settler colonialism and some of his intelligence theories strange and contradictory to some other things he posted. I didn't expect him to be this committed to these theories and to use this kind of rationale to justify them. In his response to me as soon as I saw the Unz Review and the bloggers he listed as sources for his thinking I was partially in denial that he legitimately believes all that, but I guess he was serious.