If Austria-Hungary makes peace in 1917, does this prevent Russia from going Red?

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
If Kaiser Karl would have been willing to make peace at any price in 1917 in order to get Austria-Hungary out of World War I, would the Bolshevik Revolution in Russia have been prevented?

Basically, if Austria-Hungary is willing to make peace on terms that are acceptable to the Allies (which would mean significant concessions on Austria-Hungary's part), then this would have been a huge morale booster to the Allies (even if parts of Austria-Hungary would have subsequently been occupied by Germany). However, my question is this--would this have been enough to prevent the Bolshevik Revolution in Russia?

Any thoughts on this?

Apr 2018
France
Yes it is. This would have put Germany in a real difficult position, anticipating what happened successively. At that point, it is difficult to imagine that Germany alone would have had the strength to continue the offensives in Russia. Also, at the moment Lenin would not have been sent to Russia. So, probably the problems for the tsar would not have been insurmountable and the reds would not have won.

Apr 2018
France
Why not?

The Russian Tsar would have already been overthrown by this point in 1917, though.
It depends on what month are we talking about. Austrian could have left at the start of the 1917 (first three months), when there was the Tsar.

Lenin has been sent by the Germans to Russia in order to further destabilizing Russia and getting it out of the conflict. If the war was gioing to be concluded, there was no reason to send Lenin in Russia.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
It depends on what month are we talking about. Austrian could have left at the start of the 1917 (first three months), when there was the Tsar.
Agreed.

Lenin has been sent by the Germans to Russia in order to further destabilizing Russia and getting it out of the conflict. If the war was gioing to be concluded, there was no reason to send Lenin in Russia.
I'm not sure that Germany would make peace even if Austria-Hungary would withdraw from the war, though.