If CANZUK is a great thing, why hasn't it been implemented?

Aug 2010
Welsh Marches
I'd never heard of it, it's just an abstract idea, there's no poitical pressure for it in any of the relevant nations. It wouldn't work for all kinds of reasons.

Last edited:
Feb 2011
Perambulating in St James' Park
I'd never heard of it, it's just an abstract idea, there's no poitical pressure for it in any of the relevant nations. It wouldn't work for all knids of reasons.
If the EU can work and we can have a zillion people from other countries coming here to work then I see no reason why CANZAC shouldn't be able to work. The people have a shared language, culture and history and their politics stem from the British Parliament. Their foreign policy is also closely align to the UK, not to mention their militaries. The Queen is also their head of state and on their currency.

We have far, far more in common with CANZAK than some places like Albania or Romania.

Aug 2010
Welsh Marches
We could have a peripatetic four-year parliament, spending one year in Canada, one in the UK, one in Australia and one in New Zealand; and a CANZUK cricket team which would surely be invincible; and a coat of arms with lion, kangaroo and kiwi wreathed in maple leaves. The possibilities are endless. Personally I wouldn't gain a useful bolt-hole from this since I already have joint New Zealand citizenship; though the idea of an antipodean joint kingdom rather appeals.

Last edited: