If Germany wins WWI, do a lot of Poles and Ukrainians move to the Baltic states?

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
If Germany would have won World War I (specifically by not resuming USW and thus keeping the U.S. out of WWI; that way, Britain and France might be willing to let Germany keep its territorial gains in the East if Germany is smart enough to make some concessions in the West--such as a plebiscite in Alsace-Lorraine) and sets up a series of pro-German puppet states in Eastern Europe, are a lot of Poles and Ukrainians going to move to the Baltic states in the years and decades afterwards?

Basically, I am thinking of Germany keeping its own borders largely closed in order to prevent Eastern Europeans from immigrating to Germany en masse and reducing wages for native-born German workers. However, in this scenario, people in various German puppet states are going to be able to move to other German puppet states without much trouble. Thus, could the relatively high standard of living in the Baltic states have caused a lot of Poles and Ukrainians to immigrate there in this scenario?

Any thoughts on this?

Rodger

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
US
No. They did not when occupied previously or currently (as Poland was). It would have been very difficult for the ordinary person to pull up stakes and move to a different place with a different culture.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
No. They did not when occupied previously or currently (as Poland was).
Is this a reference to Poland, Ukraine, and the Baltic states all being under Russian rule before 1917?

It would have been very difficult for the ordinary person to pull up stakes and move to a different place with a different culture.
A lot of people from Europe did move to various places worldwide during this time, though. For instance, think of all of the immigration that the U.S. experienced between 1840 and 1925.

Rodger

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
US
Is this a reference to Poland, Ukraine, and the Baltic states all being under Russian rule before 1917?

A lot of people from Europe did move to various places worldwide during this time, though. For instance, think of all of the immigration that the U.S. experienced between 1840 and 1925.
Yes ans yes. Poland was already occupied. Yes. Many did migrate to the US and other places. Maybe some of those who had not already migrated during the previous years of occupation might have left, But I imagine many of them had learned how to live under another nation's rule. The Ukraine was under Russian rule as well. So, maybe some there would have balked at German rule. I guess my point is, all these peoples were already living under another's rule when the war started. What would have been different under the scenario in the OP?