If I time traveled to the past and gave Hitler a wiki copy of WW2, would Germany win?

Status
Closed
Feb 2016
ROK
That wiki article isn't detailed enough for him to use. I think he'd just stop his expansionism at Czechoslovakia. Then he'd concentrate on his massive building projects.

Last edited:
Dec 2018
Australia
It would tell him that nuclear weapons were possible.
He might not declare war on the USA. He might try to get Japan to delay it's attack.
He would know about strategic bombing, and fast tank warfare.
He might alter the attack on Russia to ensure that they can get in before the winter strikes.
Radar, and Anti-air artillery, guided missiles, and jet aircraft, homing torpedoes, and cryptographic advances

Corvidius

Ad Honorem
Jul 2017
Crows nest
There would be a butterfly effect from the first information from the future that he was given, and from that moment this wiki article, or any other information from the future, would become unstable in that parts would still hold true, while other parts would change as the events that generated the future information be different. The more Hitler was told, the more the future would change. Would this wiki article brought back from the future itself change in front of your eyes.

Knowing allied intentions would help only the first time the information was used, as after that the timeline has been changed. Knowing the date and place of D Day would help, but would the freeing of some German forces in France be enough to stop the Soviets in the East? I think they would only slow down the inevitable. I think the only worthwhile information would be, as mentioned in the post above, mostly technical, and very early in the war. So don't bother taking back a wiki article, but take back information that the likes of Heisenberg, von Braun, Messerschmitt and others could use in order to produce the "wunderwaffe" earlier, in greater numbers and working as intended right from the start. A Germany with an improved V2 able to deliver a viable nuclear warhead would win by a walkover, at least in Europe. America would still get the bomb in 1945, so we could be looking at a situation today similar to that described by Robert Harris in "Fatherland".

tomar

Ad Honoris
Jan 2011
Can you walk into Trump's office ? into Putin's office ? Into Macron's office ? Into Xi's office ?

How does this work ?.. "Guten Morgen... Ich bin eine traveller from the future... I need to see the fuhrer immediately"

Likely you'd be introduced to a gestapo 5 star facility, or at best, to the finest mental hospital near by..

Corvidius

Ad Honorem
Jul 2017
Crows nest
That of course would never work, but a more subtle approach would have greater chance. For instance, getting in touch with Werner Heisenberg, probably initially with someone who could gain access to him, and presenting technical information that would clearly show he was on the wrong track, and how he should proceed, would then get you some attention. Being able to predict the result of a military action would certainly get you the attention you need.

Dec 2018
Australia
A Germany with an improved V2 able to deliver a viable nuclear warhead would win by a walkover, at least in Europe. America would still get the bomb in 1945, so we could be looking at a situation today similar to that described by Robert Harris in "Fatherland".
Would the USA get the bomb by 1945? The british had a lot of the early theoretical research that would have to be recreated if Britain fell earlier, or even if some of the minds were unable to get out to go to America. Bohr and other nucleur physists would be gaurded carefully and would not be able to escape to Britain

Status
Closed

Similar History Discussions