If Roman army and Han China's Army fight

Feb 2018
Manila
Who will win the war if the Roman army and Han China's army if both armies have same number of troops?

1000 soldiers vs 1000 soldiers up to 5000 soldiers.

starman

Ad Honorem
Jan 2014
Connecticut
Around 100 CE? I suggest the Roman army, since it was designed to fight other armies not nomadic raiders.

Feb 2018
Manila
Around 100 CE? I suggest the Roman army, since it was designed to fight other armies not nomadic raiders.

What if the Roman army during Julius Ceasar fought the Han army of Emperor Han Wudi?

who do you think will win if the 2 armies have the same number of troops. not the han outnumbering the roman troops.

starman

Ad Honorem
Jan 2014
Connecticut
I think nomadic raiders were much more dangerous than your average barbarian.

The Huns were formidable. But generally nomadic raiders just sweep in, swipe things and run. They aren't a real army and it doesn't take a very skilled, well equipped army to deal with them.

Jul 2014
world
The Huns were formidable. But generally nomadic raiders just sweep in, swipe things and run. They aren't a real army and it doesn't take a very skilled, well equipped army to deal with them.
Of course. Nomads were just raiders who were not skilled in warfare and liked to swipe things and run.

zincwarrior

Ad Honorem
Jun 2012
Texas
The Huns were formidable. But generally nomadic raiders just sweep in, swipe things and run. They aren't a real army and it doesn't make a very skilled, well equipped army to deal with them.
Huns,
Mongol,
Turks
Manchus
Comanche empire
Lakotah

starman

Ad Honorem
Jan 2014
Connecticut
Huns,
Mongol,
Turks
Manchus
Comanche empire
Lakotah
The ancestors of the Huns may have been driven away by the Han Chinese, but were they as formidable as the later Huns? If they were, that speaks highly of Han forces. But I have doubts.

Last edited:

HackneyedScribe

Ad Honorem
Feb 2011
The Xiongnu were definitely more formidable than Parthia, as Xiongnu expansionism caused a westward migration domino effect of Yuezhi fleeing west to escape the Xiongnu, which caused the Yuezhi to displace the Saka who had to flee further west to escape the Yuezhi migration. This caused much trouble for Parthia (the Yuezhi took a chunk of Parthia territory and the Saka killed two Parthian Kings). The later Huns of Eastern Europe however were beaten back by the Sassanids who were the successors of Parthia, albeit to be fair the Sassanids were also stronger than Parthia.

Last edited: