If Roman army and Han China's Army fight

cachibatches

Ad Honorem
Mar 2012
The Xiongnu were definitely more formidable than Parthia, as Xiongnu expansionism caused a westward migration domino effect of Yuezhi fleeing west to escape the Xiongnu, which caused the Yuezhi to displace the Saka who had to flee further west to escape the Yuezhi migration. This caused much trouble for Parthia (the Yuezhi took a chunk of Parthia territory and the Saka killed two Parthian Kings). The later Huns of Eastern Europe however were beaten back by the Sassanids who were the successors of Parthia, albeit to be fair the Sassanids were also stronger than Parthia.
Scribe my friend:

http://historum.com/ancient-history/91559-mithradates-ii-man-who-saved-parthia.html

Parthia had trouble with the Scythians because they had an army annihilated when Greeks allies walked off the field. Those resources were hard to replace, and, as you said, they lost a second battle. Mithradates II reversed this trend by defeating the Saka. Of course, they later incorporated Saka into the army.

So it is a little more complex than A beat B beat C beat D.

Apr 2018
France
I think nomadic raiders were much more dangerous than your average barbarian.
Really? Romans defeated Huns, Scythians, Greeks, Parthians, Seleucids, Carthaginians, Gauls, Goths, Berbers and Arabs, various confederations of barbarians and so on.

Roman army was organized to be the best of the best in the high scale warfare (logistic, siege war, massive field combat). I would not bet any coins on chinese armies versus roman ones.

Obvioulsy, we know that in the end of the empire the army was really week and mainly based on mercenaries and auxiliary forces, but if we take an army between middle-late republic and high/medium empire, no hope for any Chinese army.

Apr 2018
France
They lost at battle of Talas to Arabs. Romans got utterly destroyed by Arabs.
Hello, have you ever studied about Nabataeans kingdom? And, again, you do not have replied to my question: do the Chinese defeated Seleucids, Carthaginians, Gauls, Goths, Berbers and Arabs?

Apr 2018
France
Don't ask redundant questions.
It is not redundant, it is a question that I have made and you have replied yes. So you should provide us the sources in which we can see that Chinese defeated Seleucids, Carthaginians, Gauls, Goths, Berbers and Arabs.

If you cannot provide this sources, because there are not, because they have not done anything similar, you can tell us "ok, my bad, I have not replied correctly", as can happen.