If the entire populace is passive and doesn't arm themselves and the soldiers have an MO of surrendering, how difficult would invading Japan still be?

Jan 2017
North Carolina
Who said?
Just a quick googling shows that Japan is around 300,000 km in area, similar to Germany's total landmass.

And that Japan had around 70 million people at WWII, about 5 million more than Germany.

Hell there entire discussions on reddit and other forums of people expressing disbelief when Japan is put on the US map and is shown to be just slightly smaller than California.

Gosh, thanks for enlightening us! Even if this were the Speculative section, basically you want to change Japan into an entirely different culture and mindset, to the point where I'm wondering how they even got into the war. And then we're supposed to figure out how something which didn't happen would have been different? Sorry, this is even more baffling than your usual threads.

Matthew
As I said. People assume the Japanese army was completely destroyed and only civilians doing terrorist style attacks similar to the Taliban will be the sole cause of American casualties. However I already mentioned in her last days, Germany was still able to inflict over 10,000 casualties despite being at the brink point of destruction towards American troops and in the Battle of Berlin close to half a million Soviet casualties took place. Remember the Germans surrender en mass but we still lost many of people in the final days of the European front.

So I can't help but wonder even if no civilians were involved and the Japanese soldiers surrendering once they ran out of ammo or other hopeless situations, we still see tens of thousands, if not over 100,000 casualties. Esp since invading Japan is practically invading a place as large as Germany with a larger population but with far more hellish terrain to march through such as miles or nothing but mountain countries and multiple island chains.

Its easy for the OP to get confused when he spams these questions on every forum he can find. These are all from Reddit:

I didn't post this on reddit. Someone else actually created it but I found it interesting enough to discuss.

Before anyone accuses me of being the same person on reddit, l'm not a Naruto fan and last time I checked the only other thing I chatted about here is that I"m a bit of a movie buff. I never posted anything about my favorite anime or comics (I don't even like anime and I barely read any comics).

I didn't create the OP but now that you bring it up, I wish I quoted it since its not my original content.

Last edited:

aggienation

Ad Honorem
Jul 2016
USA
I didn't post this on reddit. Someone else actually created it but I found it interesting enough to discuss.

Before anyone accuses me of being the same person on reddit, l'm not a Naruto fan and last time I checked the only other thing I chatted about here is that I"m a bit of a movie buff. I never posted anything about my favorite anime or comics (I don't even like anime and I barely read any comics).

I didn't create the OP but now that you bring it up, I wish I quoted it since its not my original content.
LOL, now you're fibbing. Every single one of your recent posts on Historum are word for word copies of questions you've asked in countless different forums all over the internet. Even the "my buckler just arrived" post that was only on Historum in July 2019 was a copy of a reddit post from Oct 2018. So did someone from Reddit copy today's historum post, then get in a time machine and go back in time and then post it in Oct 2018?