If the French monarchy is restored in the early 1870s and France ends up losing an alt-WWI several decades later, is the French monarchy going to go?

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
If the French monarchy is restored in the early 1870s (due to Henri, Count of Chambord dying a decade earlier and his heir Philippe, Count of Paris being more willing to compromise) and France ends up losing an alternate World War I several decades later, is the French monarchy going to get overthrown afterwards--even if this monarchy would have been a British-style constitutional monarchy since the 1870s?

Any thoughts on this?

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
I don't think it gets overthrown. Due to the Central Powers not really caring about establishing republics. It is possible for a communist revolution to erupt if France is still as damaged from WWI.
Wouldn't Germany proceed to quickly crush this French Communist revolution, though?

Thanks for pointing that out! Can these two threads be merged?

Feb 2019
Serbia
Wouldn't Germany proceed to quickly crush this French Communist revolution, though?
Likely yes. Depends on its size and scale and how worn out Germany is. I wonder if Bonapartists gain ground if the Bourbon Monarchy is seen as weak.

Thanks for pointing that out! Can these two threads be merged?
I wouldn't know. You can always ask a mod to delete one of them but I don't know if they can be merged.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
That's what I thought.

Depends on its size and scale and how worn out Germany is. I wonder if Bonapartists gain ground if the Bourbon Monarchy is seen as weak.
They could, but they're probably going to need a large-scale base of support in order to actually be successful. AFAIK, the Bonapartes' strength was the greatest among the peasants, and there were becoming less and less of them as a result of them moving to the cities en masse.

I suppose that the Bonapartes could become figureheads for a French conservative and reactionary movement, but are they actually going to be interested in this?

I wouldn't know. You can always ask a mod to delete one of them but I don't know if they can be merged.
If it's not possible to merge these two threads, I'll ask the mods to close the first thread. I'm not a fan of deleting threads.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
BTW, what makes me somewhat skeptical about the long-term survival of a restored French Orleanist monarchy with or without a World War is the fact that the Orleanists already previously ruled France and yet nevertheless got overthrown.