If the Mexican American war never happened, would Mexico be one of the richest countries in the world today?

Feb 2014
Miami
If we can butterfly the revocation of state rights which lead to the revolts of Yucatán, Texas, etc. I think we can avoid the turmoil and keep the nation in better terms with American settlers. I think Mexico would have certainly been a regional power with how much mineral wealth was found in their northern territories which were lost to the USA.

I also wonder if the Mexicans would try to retake their lost Central American states which escaped without a fight in the 1820s.

I also wonder if the more powerful Mexican state would go after Panama to prevent Europeans from manipulating the Columbia state for it and secure that lucrative passage itself by using its mineral wealth to afford the canal especially with the gold from California.

I do wonder what Russia would do with Alaska as it certainly wouldn’t give it to a weaker USA that doesn’t hold the west.

I also wonder if Hawaii would fall to the British or the Japanese too.

Sep 2014
Texas
If we can butterfly the revocation of state rights which lead to the revolts of Yucatán, Texas, etc. I think we can avoid the turmoil and keep the nation in better terms with American settlers. I think Mexico would have certainly been a regional power with how much mineral wealth was found in their northern territories which were lost to the USA.

I also wonder if the Mexicans would try to retake their lost Central American states which escaped without a fight in the 1820s.

I also wonder if the more powerful Mexican state would go after Panama to prevent Europeans from manipulating the Columbia state for it and secure that lucrative passage itself by using its mineral wealth to afford the canal especially with the gold from California.

I do wonder what Russia would do with Alaska as it certainly wouldn’t give it to a weaker USA that doesn’t hold the west.

I also wonder if Hawaii would fall to the British or the Japanese too.
America wouldn't have built the Panama Canal.

Sep 2014
Texas
I don't think so. Mexico is older than the US but it was European and American inventiveness that dragged the rest of the world into the twentieth century. Mexico had the same opportunities and did nothing.