If, without WWI, Russia still experiences a revolution and its peoples try to secede, could this trigger an alternate WWI?

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Like I said, it's fine to create a few.

But real history is much more interesting!
Yeah, real history certainly has a lot of interesting stuff! For instance, the spread of national self-determination throughout the world, the collapse of empires, the very interesting events that occurred throughout various countries' histories, et cetera. I am an especially large fan of US history since it is my adopted country. :)

The reason that I created a lot of alternate history threads is because I really enjoy connecting real history with alternate history. For instance, I am very glad that the US had a great 20th century but wish that countries such as Russia would have likewise had a great 20th century. :(

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
As for the rest, I doubt any other power would intervene unless it looked like it would topple the government.
VP, do you think that the other Great Powers in this scenario are simply going to allow a post-revolutionary Russia to crush any and all of its separatist movements without intervening?

Apr 2017
U.S.A.
VP, do you think that the other Great Powers in this scenario are simply going to allow a post-revolutionary Russia to crush any and all of its separatist movements without intervening?
Potentially an outside power may intervene if the new state would be their ally.

Reactions: Futurist
Apr 2017
U.S.A.
Aren't you contradicting yourself here? Or did you change your mind?
My last post on this was a month ago, I don't remember exactly my train of thought.
However, they are not mutually exclusive. If the Volga tartars rebelled, no one would intervene. If the Poles rebelled, Germany may or may not intervene. They might see aiding them as a threat to their territory or see it as a potential ally against Russia.
It would depend on the region and the political climate of the time.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
My last post on this was a month ago, I don't remember exactly my train of thought.
However, they are not mutually exclusive. If the Volga tartars rebelled, no one would intervene. If the Poles rebelled, Germany may or may not intervene. They might see aiding them as a threat to their territory or see it as a potential ally against Russia.
It would depend on the region and the political climate of the time.
Makes sense. Also, if Germany intervenes, is it going to try liberating the Poles, Ukrainians, and Balts at once? Also, could this German intervention in Russia have triggered an alternate World War I in this scenario?

Apr 2017
U.S.A.
Makes sense. Also, if Germany intervenes, is it going to try liberating the Poles, Ukrainians, and Balts at once? Also, could this German intervention in Russia have triggered an alternate World War I in this scenario?
Possibly if Russia doesn't agree to terms. In ww1 Germany didn't initially intend to seize all the eastern territory it did, it worked out that way because of the war and they had to do something with it.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Possibly if Russia doesn't agree to terms. In ww1 Germany didn't initially intend to seize all the eastern territory it did, it worked out that way because of the war and they had to do something with it.
What terms is Germany initially going to offer Russia?

Apr 2017
U.S.A.
What terms is Germany initially going to offer Russia?
Depends how the war goes down, normally in these situations the Poles would revolt, seize their territory, declare independence, Germany would recognize it and send troops to defend them, Russia would protest, demand Germany withdraw, Germany refuses, war commences. Depending on the political climate it could escalate to a world war.