If You Were Incharge of the History Channel

Salah

Forum Staff
Oct 2009
Maryland
Don't we already have an ongoing thread about the history channel?

I'd introduce new programs, that are about history, but not about Hitler. Pretty innovative, huh?

PM96

Ad Honorem
Feb 2012
California
As much as all of us on this forum would like to cut out the reality shows and conspiracy documentaries, I think before that History Channel did have a problem with inaccuracies in their normal history documentaries. Anyways though, I think the reason for History Channel's dramatic changes and dumbing down is due to the fact that scholarly programs about history are uninteresting to most people and thus just don't sell well - it's a private and commercial TV channel after all.

Jul 2012
Somewhere
If I was in charge if History Channel major changes would come. Ancient Aliens,Swamp People,counting cars,Moutain Men,Axe Men,American Restoration and God,Guns & Automobiles would be dropped. History International would be put back on. More documentarys would be made. More History shows would be put on. There would be a segment on all of the channels called "On This Day in History". H2 would also be dropped.

Belgarion

Ad Honorem
Jul 2011
Australia
If I was in charge if History Channel major changes would come. Ancient Aliens,Swamp People,counting cars,Moutain Men,Axe Men,American Restoration and God,Guns & Automobiles would be dropped. History International would be put back on. More documentarys would be made. More History shows would be put on. There would be a segment on all of the channels called "On This Day in History". H2 would also be dropped.

Yes, pretty much what I would do. I would also have Time Team (early series) showing every day. :)