If you were to write a book on any historical topic, what would it be?

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
I suppose that one of my top topics would be a book that will discuss demographic trends in the US and in various US states and US cities--especially in regards to race/ethnicity, place of birth, urbanization rate, et cetera.
For what it's worth, I especially find huge population movements to be fascinating--whether the move of Americans from the eastern US to the western US, the African-American Great Migration, or the massive waves of immigration to the US before the 1920s and after the 1960s (with the former bringing a lot of Europeans to the US and with the latter bringing a lot of Hispanics and Asians to the US).

Maki

Ad Honorem
Jan 2017
Republika Srpska
Did northern Yugoslavia have a huge military presence as a result of the post-1948 Soviet threat to Yugoslavia?
Yes, and not just northern Yugoslavia, entire Yugoslavia. My main argument would be that Yugoslavia was at war with the Soviet bloc.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Did this war tamper down after Stalin's death?

BTW, I read what you previously wrote about the Soviet-Yugoslav border incidents in 1948-1953. It really is quite tragic how many people died as a result of this. :(

Maki

Ad Honorem
Jan 2017
Republika Srpska
Did this war tamper down after Stalin's death?

BTW, I read what you previously wrote about the Soviet-Yugoslav border incidents in 1948-1953. It really is quite tragic how many people died as a result of this. :(
It did. Khruschev reestablished relations.