Immigration data for French Algeria?

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Does anyone here have immigration data for French Algeria?

I'm curious as to how many Europeans--and from which countries--came to Algeria at various points in time. For instance, was the flow of European immigration into Algeria at its peak in 1913-1914, or did it already peak at an earlier point in time?

Anyway, does anyone here know where exactly I can find this information?

I also want to use this information to try speculating on what Algeria's demographics would have looked like in the absence of the World Wars.

Oct 2013
Europix

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Well, it wasn't considered "immigration" !

Not just nitpicking, it's simply true. So if You search "immigration to Algeria", most likely You will not find a lot.

These could put You on the trail (but it's in French, ... a bit logical ;) )

les Européens d?Algérie, par Michèle Villanueva - Histoire coloniale et postcoloniale
Thanks for this link! I will make sure to check it out! :)

BTW, movement from European France to Algeria was just migration whereas movement from, say, Italy or Spain to Algeria was immigration. AFAIK, most pieds-noirs in Algeria were either Italian or Spanish (though there were some French people and also Algerian Jews).

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
For what it's worth, a helpful user on another forum directed me to this article:

La population de l'Algérie - Persée

This article is written in French and contains what I am looking for. :) Now, I can calculate the pied-noir percentage in Algeria at various points in time and try to project the direction of this growth in the absence of the World Wars.