Imperial Germany gives Home Rule to Posen Province

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
I am not sure about a world war, unless I am misunderstanding you. Still, at the end of WW1, when the borders of Germany and Poland were still in dispute, the Poles of Posen did spark an incident.
Greater Poland uprising (1918–19) - Wikipedia
I was thinking along the lines of having the Posen Poles trying to trigger rebellions in the Austrian and Russian parts of Poland, though.

see post #22. Somehow I had my post in your quotes. It was a mess.:)
OK.

Rodger

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
US

Rodger

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
US
I was thinking along the lines of having the Posen Poles trying to trigger rebellions in the Austrian and Russian parts of Poland, though.

OK.
I wish I still had my books to survey, sort of. It's always difficult to remember where I read about certain historical occurrences months and years later with hundreds of books on shelves. Anyway, what I do recall is that there was not as much rebellion in the Austrian portion. For one, The A-H empire permitted more autonomy in the form of local rule. There was also not the issue with religion and language being prohibited, or at least greatly discouraged. There was one rebellion though in Galicia during the partitions:
Galician slaughter - Wikipedia
Kraków uprising - Wikipedia
https://www.jstor.org/stable/2493849?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents

Last edited:

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
I wish I still had my books to survey, sort of. It's always difficult to remember where I read about certain historical occurrences months and years later with hundreds of books on shelves. Anyway, what I do recall is that there was not as much rebellion in the Austrian portion. For one, The A-H empire permitted more autonomy in the form of local rule. There was also not the issue with religion and language being prohibited, or at least greatly discouraged. There was one rebellion though in Galicia during the partitions:
Galician slaughter - Wikipedia
Kraków uprising - Wikipedia
https://www.jstor.org/stable/2493849?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents
The Russian part of Poland could still be fair game, though. It rebelled against the Russians in 1830-1831 and again in 1863-1864.