In enforced Luddism the solution to technological unemployment?

Nov 2014
ph
Either that or mass make work jobs. So the idea is to hold AI development at a certain level in order to prevent it from being smart enough to replace people in their jobs. Either that or people will turn themselves into machines or cyborgs, or turn to transhumanism and destroy their physical selves and their human form in order to be one or keep up with the machines, you can actually see people replacing their brains with computer memory chips in order to force their brains to hold massive amounts of information, and massively increase their processing and data transferrence speeds, through some sort of brain powered wireless internet.

Oct 2012
Either that or mass make work jobs. So the idea is to hold AI development at a certain level in order to prevent it from being smart enough to replace people in their jobs. Either that or people will turn themselves into machines or cyborgs, or turn to transhumanism and destroy their physical selves and their human form in order to be one or keep up with the machines, you can actually see people replacing their brains with computer memory chips in order to force their brains to hold massive amounts of information, and massively increase their processing and data transferrence speeds, through some sort of brain powered wireless internet.
You can ACTUALLY see that? Really?

Corvidius

Ad Honorem
Jul 2017
Crows nest
In 1945 a farm in the UK producing cereal crops may well employ 40 labourers, these days it will be no more than 4 full time employees, and harvesting given over mainly to contractors. It's possible even today to get from planting a seed to rolling a pallett of bread onto a delivery lorry without a single human doing anything than keep an overwatch on automated machinery. I'm not sying that is how it actually is at this time, but it's possible, and with a lot more than just bread. The human population increases ever faster while the need for human workers decreases. Something at some point is going to give, or at least radically change. We simply cannot all be working from home on a computer, or if actually having to be present at a place of work, all employed in service "industries".

So I see the OP as being a possibility, but not yet.

Apr 2018
Upland, Sweden
It is one solution. You could also wait for SkyNet, I'm sure it will have a solution to the specific problem of human unemployment as well...

Jul 2009
If I remember it correctly, Skynet was supposed to eliminate human error. Good luck.

When A.I. finally and completely analyzes humanity, the "problem of human unemployment" may be solved by eliminating humans.

Sadly, I think there may be more chance of that than we like to admit.

Similiar History Discussions History Forum Date
Current Events

Similar History Discussions