In your opinion, what were the greatest Middle Eastern Empires ever?

Feb 2019
Thrace
No one is able to list an Ancient Empire of Anatolia?

Where did you get this percentage (44%) ? Can you point me to some sources? Do also point out demographic sources and estimates that you mention. I find these figures highly unlikely.
It took that number from the Guinness World Records Books.

Mar 2016
Antalya
Sure, as an example of a very early empire they are considerable and impressive, but aside from incidentally being one of the earliest empires of history, what makes them more impressive than later Middle Eastern empires?
That's what I am asking and wanting to learn, if someone can list bunch of reasons why Ancient Anatolian Empires are impressive.

MAGolding

Ad Honorem
Aug 2015
Chalfont, Pennsylvania
At its peak, the Achaemenid Empire is the largest empire ever by share of population(44% of the World), and according to estimates, they could raise a bigger army than the Ottomans could even if they precede them by almost 2000 years. Not to mention the cultural impact via Zoroastrianism which heavily influenced both the West and the East is enormous. I don't know by what metric do the Ottomans compare with them.
No one is able to list an Ancient Empire of Anatolia?

Where did you get this percentage (44%) ? Can you point me to some sources? Do also point out demographic sources and estimates that you mention. I find these figures highly unlikely.
It took that number from the Guinness World Records Books.
There was a thread with a number of posts listing empires by their percentage of the world's population.

Empire that ruled the largest % of world population

The figure of 44 % for the Achaemenid empire was debunked, and a list of empires with more reliable percentages of the world's population was given. See posts # 12, 15, & 16.

Last edited: