Increasing Islamophobia in the west

Status
Closed

AlpinLuke

Forum Staff
Oct 2011
Italy, Lago Maggiore
To elaborate about Italians ...

The last time I was in England [in London] I noted a certain negative attitude towards Italians. Overall when I didn't show to be a wealthy Italian [I stayed in a Radisson Hotel in the center, next to the Terraces and Regent's Park, not in a bad & breakfast]. They've got prejudices: Italians don't speak English, they are poor and they cheat & steal. They know us very well :D!

I say this to explain that rich populations in rich countries tend to develop xenobhobic attitudes. Probably it's an innate mind process of the high classes which "infects" the middle class as well. Italians in London have to wash dishes. Nothing else ...

So ... what should I infer from this? That in UK there is an increasing Italianophobia?

Come on! Let's be serious ...

Mar 2019
KL
Again ... it's xenophobia, not "Islamophobia". There are some countries in the European Unions [overall in the Eastern region] which are closing their borders to all [Italians included!], regardless religion, absolutely. They don't want other foreigners. Period.

To keep on underlining "Islamophobia" could make me think to an agenda [and to close this thread].
what do you call this phobia? phobia of head scarfs? :lol:

The government said late Wednesday that the patka head covering worn by Sikh boys or the Jewish yarmulke would not be affected because the law refers to head garments that "cover all of the hair or large parts of it." Exceptions are made for head coverings for medical reasons or protection against rain or snow.

Mar 2019
KL
To elaborate about Italians ...

The last time I was in England [in London] I noted a certain negative attitude towards Italians. Overall when I didn't show to be a wealthy Italian [I stayed in a Radisson Hotel in the center, next to the Terraces and Regent's Park, not in a bad & breakfast]. They've got prejudices: Italians don't speak English, they are poor and they cheat & steal. They know us very well :D!

I say this to explain that rich populations in rich countries tend to develop xenobhobic attitudes. Probably it's an innate mind process of the high classes which "infects" the middle class as well. Italians in London have to wash dishes. Nothing else ...

So ... what should I infer from this? That in UK there is an increasing Italianophobia?

Come on! Let's be serious ...
im quoting your own media, mate, not aljazeera

regards

Mar 2019
KL
black american slavery and treatment was also xenophobia, actions by colonists and later european americans/australians towards native american was also xenophobia.

was holocaust also xenophobia?

regards

Mar 2019
KL
if holocaust is xenophobia, im willing to surrender islamophobia phenomenon as nothing but xenophobia and banning head scarfs as phobia of head scarfs, nothing more.

regards

JoanOfArc007

Ad Honorem
Dec 2015
USA
This thread is dedicated to increasing incidences of Islamophobia in Europe, north America and the west

Islamophobia in Europe: Why won't Poland take in any Muslims? | UpFront

Do you think most Americans are against Islam? I dont.

As a Catholic I greatly admire Muslims and their history. I worked at an Islamic school for two years and got to learn much of Islam and Muslim history.

Around the world we can see there are various troubles effecting society. But I would say that North America as well as much of South America and Europe which are Christian majority are the most free areas of the world. Look at LGBT right, South Africa which is Christian majority is the only country in Africa and the middle east that allows lgbt marriage. And I would not lay the blame at the people of the non Christian world otoh its many of the Governments of the non Christian world that have strict laws.

The whole point is that yes instances of anti Muslim behavior occur in North America but all of Africa and the middle east save South Africa have some form of intolerance as law. Advancements are being made though the Christian population of Africa has grown significantly and that will enrich Africa. In the middle east Saudi Arabia is now allowing women to drive, a small advancement long due but its something

Mar 2019
KL
Do you think most Americans are against Islam?
no i dont think that most americans are anti islam, i think americans are far better than their european counterparts, but there have been some incidences of islamophobia since trump administration but that is also xenophobia since non white immigrants are not being tolerated, european immigrants are being tolerated though.

regards

kandal

Ad Honorem
Aug 2015
USA
Phobia comes when people face something dangerous. It is a natural reaction. There is no Hindu phobia, Christian phobia, Buddhist phobia and so on, but there is Islamophobia.

The problem here is that Muslims see no danger at all in Islam, but others definitely see it otherwise. So who is right? I would side with non-Muslims. Because, they don't have similar phobia against other religions. They see many things associated with Islam that create fear among them, that they don't see with other religions. The ball is in the Muslim's court to fix this problem.

What is strange here is Muslims blaming others for harboring Islamophobia as though it is their fault, and not Islam's fault. This makes no sense. It is indicative that Muslims have no intentions to reform their religion to make it more appealing to others. So Islamophobia is not going to go away anytime soon.

Reactions: Iraq Bruin and ksk
Mar 2019
KL
Phobia comes when people face something dangerous. It is a natural reaction. There is no Hindu phobia, Christian phobia, Buddhist phobia and so on, but there is Islamophobia.
thank you for proving tht its not xenophobia but islamophobia, the members here are not even admitting that there is islamophobia.

i personally think that there is no christianphobia, hinduphobia because of the geopolitical situation we currently live in, during the christian sacking of the native americans for instance, there must have been a christian phobia. during hindu buddhist periods, the buddhists did show a hinduphobia, a textbook a thousand years old has some written statements about a buddhist monk fearing burning of his holy manuscript by the hindus, safeguarded it at the risk of his life, so yes, there was a hinduphobia in a perticular geopolitical situation. Hindus did persecute buddhists, so buddhists must have harboured hinduphobia as well. SOme western scholars completely accuse jinnah for creation of Pakistan for instance for his personal agenda, and two nation theory is mocked as some rediculous thing during congress's tenure, but now we understand why jinnah created pakistan as BJP proving itself to the millions of muslims in pakistan who doubted jinnah and called him names.

regards

tomar

Ad Honoris
Jan 2011
So when a sunni blows himself up in a shia mosque (or vice versa) killing dozens is that islamophobia ?

If not then it is quite strange to draw attention to some minor incidents elsewhere

If yes, then islamophobia is most prevalent in the middle east

Status
Closed