Increasing Islamophobia in the west

Status
Closed
Feb 2019
Serbia
Whats wrong with a Muslim wearing religious clothing of his or her own free will?
Nothing. But many don't wear it out of their own free will, they are either forced into it or so deeply believe in their religious customs and follow it out of that.

It's one thing to follow your religion, another to refuse to assimilate and to behave like you're not in a foreign country. The Muslims in Austria should follow Austria's laws and culture.

My sister is a Muslim and covers everything except her eyes and does so freely. She is a great lady with a college degree and a great parent. Many in our world men and women wear some sort of Religious garb and do so freely.
Anecdotal evidence.

Reactions: At Each Kilometer
Mar 2019
KL
In the UK for example , pakistani gangs have been basically allowed to rape thousands of young girls in various cities for years with the police and politicians being afraid to act for fear of being called racist and/or islamophobe (which to some is the same)
accusations against polish rapists are not few as well, what about polish prostitutes in the UK, i have many personal stories to share as well, teen polish prostitutes as well, but europe as stated in the video is only targeting muslims, muslims are bad, rest is fine. I recently saw a documentary of an english girl whose boy friend took her to NED and sold her to prostitution.

regards

Code Blue

Ad Honorem
Feb 2015
Caribbean
Starkly reminiscent of "whites only" but not a peep from anyone, certainly not from the millions of muslims visiting the place every year.... Discriminating against non muslims, is....... just fine apparently.
I have noticed at times during history, groups can profess tolerance in the countries to which they emigrate, but have a lot less tolerance to xeno's at home.

JoanOfArc007

Ad Honorem
Dec 2015
USA
Nothing. But many don't wear it out of their own free will, they are either forced into it or so deeply believe in their religious customs and follow it out of that.

It's one thing to follow your religion, another to refuse to assimilate and to behave like you're not in a foreign country. The Muslims in Austria should follow Austria's laws and culture.

Anecdotal evidence.

More then that, its clear that religious garbs are found everywhere in the world. Even in Russia and the USA....older Christian ladies will cover their hair at times out of religious observance. Idk which country you live in, I was born and raised in the USA. And in our country as with Canada and most if not all Europe and South America we have freedoms that some conservative men of numerous backgrounds dislike such as LGBT rights, minorities are equal, and we have womens rights.

I would say that all countries should be free because all people deserve the same chance in a free society. I do agree that when in any country one has to and ought follow the laws of said country. At the same time nothing wrong with pushing for all countries to have equal rights. And in fact many Muslims have left there countries to live a better life in the USA and the rest of the so called west. Its proof that both the USA and rest of the west is welcoming to all and that Muslims themselves want to live in and prosper in free societies and I think Muslims also led the way in certain parts of the middle ages ie the Islamic Golden age.

Mar 2019
KL
As for discrimination

View attachment 24576

Starkly reminiscent of "whites only" but not a peep from anyone, certainly not from the millions of muslims visiting the place every year.... Discriminating against non muslims, is....... just fine apparently.
this also happens in india where let aloine non hindus, even low caste hindus are banned from visiting their hindu temples.

a famous example is of a swiss patron of Jagannath temple who was refused to enter the temple despite contributing millions in donation for it.

secondly no muslim mosque is prohibited for non muslims, only haram/meccah

comparing ''whites only'' to this just reflects your mindset of comparing irrelevant stuff together to make you case.

regards

JoanOfArc007

Ad Honorem
Dec 2015
USA
this also happens in india where let aloine non hindus, even low caste hindus are banned from visiting their hindu temples.

a famous example is of a swiss patron of Jagannath temple who was refused to enter the temple despite contributing millions in donation for it.

secondly no muslim mosque is prohibited for non muslims, only haram/meccah

comparing ''whites only'' to this just reflects your mindset of comparing irrelevant stuff together to make you case.

regards
Good points. I will add I favor any Indian and Pakistani that want to work together. How many Indians do you think are against Islam and how many Pakistanis are against Hinduism in your view? Do you feel as I do that most Indians and Pakistanis are good people and its a minority of both groups that prop of religious division?

Masses of Muslims want Mecca open to all, for it would attract new Muslims. Imagine how many visitors would be overcome with emotion and convert to Islam upon visiting Mecca. Saudi btw has made advancements but more work is to be done and many Muslims have told me that Saudi has to make more changes.

Reactions: Ashoka maurya
Mar 2019
KL
Reactions: JoanOfArc007
Jul 2019
Ghana
Chicago has mass shooting issues every weekend. I have lived in the US my whole life and we have areas that are impoverished with high crime rates...a clear difference of living between the haves and have nots. I also have dated a lady from Rwanda, she said there are nice areas in her country, I dont know much of Ghana..but ok thanks for the information about your experience in Ghana. But the major point is even with the reports of crimes in South Africa...we have to compare South Africa to other western countries and the USA has just as much if not a bigger crime issue compared to South Africa. Instances of hate crimes occur even in the most free and liberal societies. I did not say or believe South Africa is the greatest country in the world, but its not a big deal nor is it wrong to say South Africa because of its laws on the books is a liberal country. But I would rather live in a country that has liberal laws and instances of crimes compared to countries with non liberal laws and instances of crime.
I think that you might have a misconstrued view of South Africa. Then again, I haven't been there myself, so maybe I'm the one that's confused, but my understanding is that the majority of people live in abject poverty and face rampant criminality, murder, rape and severe drug problems. And laws don't matter when they're not followed. Who cares about lgbt's being able to marry when they face the real threat of corrective rape, something which I've never even heard of here in Ghana. You seem surprised that Rwanda has nice places. You shouldn't. Rwanda is a real success story in Africa, but because the West doesn't like Kagame, it's not often hailed as the example it truly is. Rwanda is even less corrupt than SA. So are countries like Senegal, Namibia, Botswana and Mauritius, which all probably offer a more wholesome life for their citizens than SA. SA corruption is at the level of Ghana and Burkina Faso, but as I indicated SA has a murder rate 18 times greater than Ghana... 18 times...

Sep 2019
Slovenia
Another issue i did not mention before and which is also making awarness about dangers of islamism, jihadism and sharia law more and more strong and clear between the people is that many islamic countries are higly plagued with islamic militias and from this countries many migrants are coming in to Europe making effective control of imigration in fact impossible. However in USA it seems for now this problem was solved by president's decision.

Reactions: hansolo
Status
Closed