India is a Space power now !

Status
Closed

kandal

Ad Honorem
Aug 2015
USA
The Congress party was in power when in 2012 the Govt.of India did not give the go-ahead for the anti-satellite test nor did the provide funds for the DRDO. And one IAF Mig 21 too shot down an F-16 plane. This was done by Wing Commander Abhinandan whose plane was also shot down in the dogfight.
What I have read is that anti-satellite weapon was not given a go ahead in 2012, because of harmful and dangerous space debris that would be created as a result. The current test has produced some 250 pieces of space debris that are being monitored now by USA. The decision had nothing to do with politics. The test only shows that the ruling BJP is reckless.

India has not provided any tangible evidence that it shot down an F-16 to convince the international community.

US space debris warning after India test

Last edited:
Sep 2012
India
Nationalism is not being patriotic. It is chauvinism. It is bad for any country. Hindu nationalism is basically Hindu chauvinism. It is even worse.
That is your perception. The Hindu s of India are not chauvinistic. We are friendly with every foreign national who visits our country. We are open to exchanging views on any matter pertaining to our religion and culture with every foreigner who has an interest in them. We are open to even assimilate views from others, which might be very different from our long held views. Our long history shows this.Had the Hindu s been chavunistic, the influx of foreign tourists that increases every season might have trickled down and stopped altogether. Of course, what I have stated above applies to the massively overwhelming majority of our community. In a nation having about 1000 million Hindu s there could be even 1 million Hindu s who are fanatic and hateful towards others of different faith and culture. And out of these 1 million may be a few thousand
are physically violent towards the Muslims or others. Their violent actions get played up in our media and international media. The problem of India today is that of our image in the community of nations. And our economic progress and rapidly increasing middle class should go a long way in correcting that image.

arkteia

Ad Honorem
Nov 2012
Seattle
Nationalism is not being patriotic. It is chauvinism. It is bad for any country. Hindu nationalism is basically Hindu chauvinism. It is even worse.
OK, India has issues. But with all its chauvinism, who could have a better chance of success, a Muslim living in India or a Hindu living in Pakistan? I think the answer is obvious.

arkteia

Ad Honorem
Nov 2012
Seattle
That is your perception. The Hindu s of India are not chauvinistic. We are friendly with every foreign national who visits our country. We are open to exchanging views on any matter pertaining to our religion and culture with every foreigner who has an interest in them. We are open to even assimilate views from others, which might be very different from our long held views. Our long history shows this.Had the Hindu s been chavunistic, the influx of foreign tourists that increases every season might have trickled down and stopped altogether. Of course, what I have stated above applies to the massively overwhelming majority of our community. In a nation having about 1000 million Hindu s there could be even 1 million Hindu s who are fanatic and hateful towards others of different faith and culture. And out of these 1 million may be a few thousand
are physically violent towards the Muslims or others. Their violent actions get played up in our media and international media. The problem of India today is that of our image in the community of nations. And our economic progress and rapidly increasing middle class should go a long way in correcting that image.
Probably half of Bollywood actors are Muslim. India is not intolerant, it merely has poor areas, and in poor areas, everywhere in the world, people are embittered. But in general, the concept of karma should work against intolerance or violence.

Sep 2012
India
OK, India has issues. But with all its chauvinism, who could have a better chance of success, a Muslim living in India or a Hindu living in Pakistan? I think the answer is obvious.
Very recently an item of news from Pakistan was seen here on tv channels. A Hindu girl was abducted, raped and forcibly converted to Islam. And this sort of a thing happens quite regularly in Pakistan. This time the difference was that some saner and more sympathetic persons from the Muslim community were outraged and protested in their media. The unfortunate Hindu s who could not migrate in time to India around the 14th August 1947, have now been decimated.

kandal

Ad Honorem
Aug 2015
USA
That is exactly my point. Pakistan had always been a Muslim chauvinist country. BJP party is trying to make a secular India into a Hindu chauvinist country. A Muslim in India would feel like a Hindu in Pakistan if the current the trends continue. For example, what would Hindus do to a Muslim caught eating beef in Delhi today?

kandal

Ad Honorem
Aug 2015
USA
It doesn't take many Hindus to change the overall view about the whole Hindus. Only a tiny minority could do it. Look at what a small minority of extremists had done to the whole Islamic world. For Hindus, a recent example is a government attempt to ban cow slaughter nationally, and the unleashing of cow vigilantes. Another one is the ongoing attempts to manufacture Hindu centric history of India. Both have gotten good publicity outside India.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/20/asia/india-cow-vigilante-hrw-report-intl/index.html

The sad thing is that Hindus are copycatting the intolerant tactics and behaviors of Muslims.

Last edited:

kandal

Ad Honorem
Aug 2015
USA
Very recently an item of news from Pakistan was seen here on tv channels. A Hindu girl was abducted, raped and forcibly converted to Islam. And this sort of a thing happens quite regularly in Pakistan. This time the difference was that some saner and more sympathetic persons from the Muslim community were outraged and protested in their media. The unfortunate Hindu s who could not migrate in time to India around the 14th August 1947, have now been decimated.
How about Hindu chauvinists in India forcibly converting Muslims into Hinduism, as it was done recently, with the blessing of the ruling Hindu BJP party?
Muslim fears over Agra conversions

Oct 2013
Canada
What are you--a Pakistani or a Westerner and are you jealous of India or not ?
I'm am extremely jealous of India. When I saw this news I suffered a major heart attack. I foamed at the mouth, pulled my hair out, and attacked random innocent pedestrians. I was rushed to the emergency room and just released from the hospital.

Everything about India is just better it makes me so jealous. I coughed blood the day India launched its first satellite.

Last edited:
Sep 2012
India
How about Hindu chauvinists in India forcibly converting Muslims into Hinduism, as it was done recently, with the blessing of the ruling Hindu BJP party?
Muslim fears over Agra conversions
The story is dated in 2014 certainly not 'recently ' as you have written. Let us get this straight. India has been a Hindu nation since a very long time. In fact Buddhism itself is more than 2500 years old and Hinduism dates back at least 500 years before that e.g. Alexander encountering a Hindu Sannyasi during his invasion of India etc. Islam first entered India when Mohammed Bin Kasim attacked the Hindu King Dahir in the present day Sind province of Pakistan, this being about 700 A.D. Thereafter the Islamic invaders of various regions west of the then India continued to invade India converting Hindus by force, raping Hindu women, and looting the country. Most of the people of present day Pakistan were formerly Hindu s. Reconversion of those willing to come back to Hinduism has been going on since the British days. So what is wrong with that ?

Status
Closed

Similar History Discussions