India is a Space power now !

Status
Closed

rvsakhadeo

Ad Honorem
Sep 2012
India
While doing so, you have created a ton of debris orbiting around the world and endangering astronauts on mission.

No one is jealous of you, your culture and your poverty-ridden country.
See my post above i.e no.59 and let me know. The debris created is in the lower stratosphere and will in no way be a danger to the International Space Station.

Oct 2011
MARE PACIFICVM
I never realized so many people thought so poorly of India. I've never been there myself, but I've never had an unpleasant interaction with any of the many Indians I've met living in America. They've always been extremely kind, respectful and polite, even inviting me to share a meal at a Hindu temple with them during one celebration a couple years back.
They are vastly over-represented in the American computer technology and medical fields, which means they must be doing something right as far as STEM education goes in India.
When I worked for the American Red Cross we ran a blood drive at the headquarters of Intel, and I remember thinking if I didn't know better I would have thought it was an Indian company. Close to fifty percent of the employees were Indian.

I also have a tremendous amount of respect and appreciation for the Hindu spiritual tradition. Reading the Bhagavad Gita and some of the other ancient Indian texts changed my spiritual life forever, and helped me start a regular meditation practice.

As for this missile test, it doesn't seem too surprising to me. Given the Indian prowess in STEM, and the hostile geopolitical position they're stuck with, sandwiched between Pakistan and the PRC, it is only natural that they would be pursuing such weaponry, especially since China demonstrated the same capability more than a decade ago.

Last edited:

rvsakhadeo

Ad Honorem
Sep 2012
India
I never realized so many people thought so poorly of India. I've never been there myself, but I've never had an unpleasant interaction with any of the many Indians I've met living in America. They've always been extremely kind, respectful and polite, even inviting me to share a meal at a Hindu temple with them during one celebration a couple years back.
They are vastly over-represented in the American computer technology and medical fields, which means they must be doing something right as far as STEM education goes in India.
When I worked for the American Red Cross we ran a blood drive at the headquarters of Intel, and I remember thinking if I didn't know better I would have thought it was an Indian company. Close to fifty percent of the employees were Indian.

I also have a tremendous amount of respect and appreciation for the Hindu spiritual tradition. Reading the Bhagavad Gita and some of the other ancient Indian texts changed my spiritual life forever, and helped me start a regular meditation practice.

As for this missile test, it doesn't seem too surprising to me. Given the Indian prowess in STEM, and the hostile geopolitical position they're stuck with, sandwiched between Pakistan and the PRC, it is only natural that they would be pursuing such weaponry, especially since China demonstrated the same capability more than a decade ago.
Sir, an excellent summary of the learned view of India! But stereotypes persist esp.among the ex-imperialists like a few of the British posters here! By the way nobody from the west is bothered about the space debris caused by a similar satellite shoot-down by the PRC.

Last edited:
Mar 2016
Antalya
this is getting out of hand,isn't this in chambers BTW,mods?
@Naomasa298
What is getting out of hand is bunch of Indians insulting people, and expecting no reply in return. They want this thread to be some sort of Indian echo chamber. Not going to happen. I will call them out and if they insult in return, I will reply the same way.

Status
Closed

Similar History Discussions