Inglourious Basterds

Status
Closed
Mar 2009
Hofheim, Germany
No cause Jewish people join the Aryan Brotherhood. They sell drugs, they rape people and they murder people and steal from people. They also do all these things to white men and anybody else also. In Nazi ideology Jewish people can't join and being gay and selling drugs is not in the idea. They just use the swastika and being a skinhead for effect to scare people.
I never knew. I've heard of "Nazis" in Jerusalem, but they were their own gang. I've seen a few documentaries on the AB and other groups, but not once were Jews within their ranks mentioned. I find that bizarred. Yet, why not? I guess being Jewish doesn't exclude you from the supremacist ideology. I'll have to look into that.

Jan 2008
Chile, Santiago
I never knew. I've heard of "Nazis" in Jerusalem, but they were their own gang. I've seen a few documentaries on the AB and other groups, but not once were Jews within their ranks mentioned. I find that bizarred. Yet, why not? I guess being Jewish doesn't exclude you from the supremacist ideology. I'll have to look into that.
They are comparable to the Italian mafia or the Crips or something instead of a Neo nazi group waving flags and holding pictures of Hitler. The swastika invokes fear that is why they use it.

http://www.dc.state.fl.us/pub/gangs/prison.html#ab

This is a good article on them.

vera

Ad Honorem
Jul 2009
Israel
No cause Jewish people join the Aryan Brotherhood. They sell drugs, they rape people and they murder people and steal from people. They also do all these things to white men and anybody else also. In Nazi ideology Jewish people can't join and being gay and selling drugs is not in the idea. They just use the swastika and being a skinhead for effect to scare people.
You made this sound like its a big thing with the Jews to join this gang of criminals and this great torrent of Jews flows there. When in fact perhaps you meant that they are not prohibited and there are some who do?

There are Jews who are criminals and Jews who are as dumb as a doorknob. Like in any other race. :p

Jan 2008
Chile, Santiago
You made this sound like its a big thing with the Jews to join this gang of criminals and this great torrent of Jews flows there. When in fact perhaps you meant that they are not prohibited and there are some who do?

There are Jews who are criminals and Jews who are as dumb as a doorknob. Like in any other race. :p
Yup they are allowed to join the Aryan Brotherhood if they are willing to kill for them and Jewish people have.

vera

Ad Honorem
Jul 2009
Israel
Yup they are allowed to join the Aryan Brotherhood if they are willing to kill for them and Jewish people have.
I know. I just commented because it sounded like it's a great national movement now for the Jews, like it's a normal every-day thing. Just - you know, to correct the impression.

Some have. Some are real scum.

Mar 2009
I watched it and loved it. I saw it in German with some friends and the German crowd loved it too.

It deliberatly is not historically accurate, as it portrays how the war should have been fought.
I know why they loved it. When the german soldiers moed down every single American soldier,for a change germans got to engage germans being on top instead of being protrayed as dumb and weak.

Jul 2007
Australia
You do realise that this is mean't to be a parody of real events. The it is deliberately "over the top" in its presentation and portrayal of characters.

Even Tarantino says this isn't to be taken seriously - a bit of "boy's own adventure".

Status
Closed
Similiar History Discussions History Forum Date
Speculative History
Movies / Television

Similar History Discussions