Inglourious Basterds

Status
Closed

sturm

Ad Honorem
Jul 2009
Bulgaria
Iv'e just seen it,it is disgusting (men being scalped) and very untruful to ww2 history,in saying this,it was about ww2 and I do love ww2,so it gave me entertainment.

Question! In the movie a young german soldier was branded/ingrave an nazi symbol on his forehead (by the inglourious basterds)In ww2 history, did this happend during ww2? Like when nazi soldiers get caught,did the nazi soldiers get ingraved a nazi symbol on there bodies?
I dont think so, but its possible, i know however that when nazi soldiers captured soviet soldiers, they ingraved star on there backs. But you know anybody is different there isnt a rule that says "ingrave a star on any captured soldier, its just an act of cruelty shown by one soldier or one devision".

Mar 2009
I dont think so, but its possible, i know however that when nazi soldiers captured soviet soldiers, they ingraved star on there backs. But you know anybody is different there isnt a rule that says "ingrave a star on any captured soldier, its just an act of cruelty shown by one soldier or one devision".
Maybe that's were the producers got the nazi symbol ingrave idea from!

Mar 2009
Hofheim, Germany
I know why they loved it. When the german soldiers moed down every single American soldier,for a change germans got to engage germans being on top instead of being protrayed as dumb and weak.
That's not the impression I got. I have many German friends who watch Hollywood war movies and play first-person-shooters where one fights against the Nazis. They are not offended by it at all, because they are educated enough to know that it is not them that are being portrayed as the bad guys, but the Nazis.

Maybe that's were the producers got the nazi symbol ingrave idea from!
I think Tarantino's brain is twisted enough to come up with such things on his own :D

Salah

Forum Staff
Oct 2009
Maryland
If I came out with a Nazi vengeance movie it would not be considered good and it would considered racist and evil and so on and so forth.
Because the Nazis were racist and evil! Which makes this revenge-fantasy movie all the more fun! :D

sturm

Ad Honorem
Jul 2009
Bulgaria
Guys do you remamber the scene in the bar, when one german officer figured out that one of the guys was from England and spoke german with accent, and they started shooting each other, and all guys in the bar except one died ?
Thats the best scene ever in my opinion.

Mar 2010
New York
I absolutely loved the film. So many great scenes. Whenever Christoph Waltz's Hans Landa appeared, the film could do no wrong. The recognition he has received in the months that have followed, in my opinion, were very well-earned. I also particularly enjoyed the scene in the forest introducing the character, Hugo Stiglitz.

oshron

Ad Honorem
Jun 2009
western Terranova
Inglorious Basterds sucked. it just SUCKED. one of the most boring and uninteresting films that ive ever had the displeasure of seeing. it followed a very basic pattern: boring talking, boring talking, boring talking, BLOW **** UP, boring talking, boring talking, boring talking, BLOW **** UP, boring talking, boring talking, boring talking, BLOW **** UP. as some others have said here, it also wasnt historically accurate. the last thing i'll say is how anticlimactic it was. the very last scene was a couple of the bastards carving a swastika into some guy's forehead. im sure the victim has a name, but i honestly dont give a **** about what it is. i mean, really? THAT'S how they decided to end the film? a disappointing end to a disappointing film. the trailer scene of "Nein, nein, nein, nein! | Oh, yes, yes, yes, yes!" was funnier than the entire film.

their grammar sucks, too

Status
Closed
Similiar History Discussions History Forum Date
Speculative History
Movies / Television

Similar History Discussions