Inglourious Basterds

Status
Closed
Mar 2010
New York
Inglorious Basterds sucked. it just SUCKED. one of the most boring and uninteresting films that ive ever had the displeasure of seeing. it followed a very basic pattern: boring talking, boring talking, boring talking, BLOW **** UP, boring talking, boring talking, boring talking, BLOW **** UP, boring talking, boring talking, boring talking, BLOW **** UP. as some others have said here, it also wasnt historically accurate. the last thing i'll say is how anticlimactic it was. the very last scene was a couple of the bastards carving a swastika into some guy's forehead. im sure the victim has a name, but i honestly dont give a **** about what it is. i mean, really? THAT'S how they decided to end the film? a disappointing end to a disappointing film. the trailer scene of "Nein, nein, nein, nein! | Oh, yes, yes, yes, yes!" was funnier than the entire film.

their grammar sucks, too
What you refer to as "boring talking," others refer to as superb dialogue. A matter of taste, I suppose. What, in your opinion, is an example of a good film?

Mar 2010
Texas
Least the movie showed the American soldiers killiable,which is actually true history,unlike American base ww2 movie that protrays American soldiers as unkilliable.
I must admitt,when every single American soilder was being moed down it was a thrill to me,I was thinking hay for once German soldiers are protrayed as super soldiers.
Saving Private Ryan showed American GIs in all their mortality, to be fair.

oshron

Ad Honorem
Jun 2009
western Terranova
What you refer to as "boring talking," others refer to as superb dialogue. A matter of taste, I suppose. What, in your opinion, is an example of a good film?
Gran Torino. and, like IB, that was a film that i actually didnt want to watch and simply didnt want to leave the room when a family member played the DVD

I loved IB. Great concept, wonderfully executed. The dialogue was AMAZING. I daresay the person who called it "boring talking" is on some sort of psychedelic drug :p.

The opening scene was a prime example of suspense and intensity in the dialogue. Colonel Landa was probably one of the eeriest and most interesting villains in recent cinema.

Cicero

Ad Honorem
Dec 2009
Tennessee
The fervently divergent opinions expressed here by people who's opinions I respect help to explain my reluctance to watch the film even though I bough the dvd a month ago!

The fervently divergent opinions expressed here by people who's opinions I respect help to explain my reluctance to watch the film even though I bough the dvd a month ago!
If you're looking for a historical epic or something, in the vain of Saving Private Ryan or Kingdom of Heaven, you will be disappointed I think.

But if you're looking for a solid action film that explores alternate history, has some amazing acting, and, as I said, one of the greatest villains of recent cinema, then check it out. It diverges from real history quite extensively, but it's still a nice action film set in WWII with absolutely tons of suspense, espionage, and so forth. Good gun fights, a fair bit of gore, because it is Tarantino.

And there is something viscerally satisfying about seeing a rat-tag bunch of Jewish terrorists assaulting Nazi convoys.

Oct 2008
The Bright Center of the Universe
I suggest you watch it mate. You'll either love it or you'll hate it but you won't know until you watch it.

Status
Closed
Similiar History Discussions History Forum Date
Speculative History
Movies / Television

Similar History Discussions