Iran 2019

M.S. Islam

Ad Honorem
Jul 2012
Dhaka
Iran had always been the next to go once Syria was down.

After MBS is installed on the Saudi throne, things will truly come to a head in ME. All the other pieces are in place.

Baldtastic

Ad Honorem
Aug 2009
Londinium
I think it is about having an identified enemy. This is a well known propaganda technique, employing what is known as the "Big Lie". Having a named enemy is useful for propaganda purposes.

"Never to admit a fault or wrong; never to accept blame; concentrate on one enemy at a time; blame that enemy for everything that goes wrong; take advantage of every opportunity to raise a political whirlwind"

Analysis of the Personality of Adolph Hitler by Henry A. Murray
Just for balance, Iran does this expertly.

At least the Supreme Leader of the US can be removed, along with his form of oratory and rhetoric.

Edratman

Forum Staff
Feb 2009
Eastern PA
Just for balance, Iran does this expertly.

At least the Supreme Leader of the US can be removed, along with his form of oratory and rhetoric.
No one has a patent on the technique.

Unfortunately, for all the common people of the world, empty words have mainly replaced substance.

Baldtastic

Ad Honorem
Aug 2009
Londinium
No one has a patent on the technique.

Unfortunately, for all the common people of the world, empty words have mainly replaced substance.
Given the example you cite is from a person living in 1930's Germany, this is nothing new. Just quicker for all side of the argument to fire-back with their own version of no substance (this is a bit OT now!).

Reactions: Edratman

Linschoten

Ad Honoris
Aug 2010
Welsh Marches
Oh do please spare us this constant sniping at Trump and reserve it for your own madhouse, it is so tiresome for those of us for whom this is merely foreign politics! I often think that I never want hear the name Trump ever again, just as I never want to hear the name Hitler.

Reactions: Iraq Bruin

pikeshot1600

Ad Honorem
Jul 2009
Oh do please spare us this constant sniping at Trump and reserve it for your own madhouse, it is so tiresome for those of us for whom this is merely foreign politics! I often think that I never want hear the name Trump ever again, just as I never want to hear the name Hitler.
Who? :lol:

sparky

Ad Honorem
Jan 2017
Sydney
Yep , Iran would be better now if sitting on half a dozen of the puppies
morality don't trust the "world community "word or treaties signed by congress ,
trust your nukes

What is scary is less Trump gyrations than the chance of some stupid stuff up by overenthusiastic military
of note also the recent damage done to Tankers and Saudi installations
it was pretty minor stuff , a warning maybe or some paranoia conspiracy theory could paint it as black flag ?

Cepheus

Ad Honorem
Dec 2011
The poll figures of POTUS are not the subject of this thread, tangentially related though they may be.
I humbly assert that they are the single most important aspect to the tensions that we see flaring up in the middle east.

I guarantee you that the leaders in Iran and every single country that does business with Iran is briefed on these numbers just as soon as they are available.

They are informing these players how to strategize against the sanctions that the Trump admin is strangling Iran with.

How far can Iran push it if they think Trump will get reelected ? How far are US allies willing to comply or ignore US sanctions if they think Trump has the political muscle to enforce his policies ?

The differences between Democratic and Republican administrations is totally opposite in regard to the composition of their stance with Iran.