Ironic Moments in History: please add your suggestions!

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
While emigrating to UK/USA or Canada, the Asians concerned obviously think of better jobs. Surely they do not think about their own skin colour or the skin colour of the inhabitants of these countries.
That's absolutely correct. They don't want to live in White-majority countries because those countries are White-majority; rather, they want to live in those countries because life is better there--in some cases, much better.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Yes. You are wrong, racist AND sexist.. all in one post- congratulations.
1. I did not say that only White people are capable of having developed countries. Rather, I simply found it interesting that even several decades after independence, a lot of the Third World still legs behind the First World--thus creating a desire on the part of many Third Worlders to move to the First World.
2. How exactly am I being sexist here?
3. I am not saying that the end of colonialism was not a good thing. After all, if Third Worlders wanted the West to leave their countries, then the West did the right thing in obliging them in regards to this. Rather, my point was about much of the Third World subsequently failing to catch up to the West.
4. I did not say that it was illegitimate for Third Worlders to want to move to the West. Rather, I simply found this interesting.

1988 Olympics mens 100m final.
Ben Johnson is stripped of gold after failing a drugs test, Carl Lewis is declared the winner.
One month before the Olympics, Carl Lewis failed a drugs test which should've ruled him out of going to Seoul, the "wrong cough medicine" excuse gets him out of trouble.

Similar History Discussions