Is Albania the least remarkable country in Europe?

Nov 2019
Albania
What about Andorra, Luxembourg, San Marino, Liechtenstein and Moldova?
I may not know enough about them given they're tiny countries, but I'm interested what they've contributed to the world that puts them ahead of Albanians?

The only thing I know is Stephen the Great of Moldova, which rivals Skenderbeg, I guess.
....or Slovenia

Reactions: Futurist

Maki

Ad Honorem
Jan 2017
Republika Srpska
Albania is a relatively young country that spent a significant portion of its existence under a Communist dictatorship and one of the worst Communist dictatorships in history. They might not have achieved much compared to some other countries, but that is also due to their historical circumstances.

Reactions: Futurist

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Albania is a relatively young country that spent a significant portion of its existence under a Communist dictatorship and one of the worst Communist dictatorships in history. They might not have achieved much compared to some other countries, but that is also due to their historical circumstances.
Wasn't Albania already perceived as being a failed state even in the 1910s, though? I seem to recall Greece, Italy, and Serbia/Yugoslavia wanting to partition Albania after WWI and only being stopped by US President Woodrow Wilson.

Maki

Ad Honorem
Jan 2017
Republika Srpska
Wasn't Albania already perceived as being a failed state even in the 1910s, though? I seem to recall Greece, Italy, and Serbia/Yugoslavia wanting to partition Albania after WWI and only being stopped by US President Woodrow Wilson.
Yes, as soon as the country was formed, it descended into civil wars and was a target by other neighbouring powers. The Albanians were hardly innocent though, they supported uprisings such as Ohrid-Debar Uprising in Kingdom of Serbia.

Aug 2019
North
The kingdom of serbia, the kingdom of bulgaria, the kingdom of greece, and the last but not the least, the kingdom of albania.
The four most excellent kingdoms of this world, using their propaganda to canvass macedonians.

Last edited: