Is America the Evil Empire ?

Status
Closed
Oct 2018
China
No, the United States is an enviable country. For us, how can there be a lot of immigrants? If I have the opportunity, I want to immigrate to the United States.

royal744

Ad Honoris
Jul 2013
San Antonio, Tx
I see either China or India...

With Russia building new gas lines that cross into numerous East European and West European countries, and with its growing dominance in oil production, this is also a possibility, although with a decreasing Russian population and an abundance of unemployed citizens, the economy has a way to go before Russia can claim that it has truly stood on its feet.
I don’t know. Isn’t the US at the moment the largest oil-producing nation on the planet?

royal744

Ad Honoris
Jul 2013
San Antonio, Tx
I don't think America will ever see Russia in the same light that it sees Brazil...you cannot just erase history and power struggles. You seriously think that if Russia became a world power it would not be a threat to the U.S? America would and is doing everything to prevent that from happening....whether it will or not, only time will tell.
In that case, I would first suggest that the Russians “grow” a bigger economy, because the one they have now is too small to be competitive. Oh, and Russia needs more population - much more to be competitive.

royal744

Ad Honoris
Jul 2013
San Antonio, Tx
Depends from which angle you look at it. I believe the States were quite a power house until the war in Afghanistan broke out...that's when the tables really started to turn...

Can the U.S. still be considered a world power? I don't think so...not anymore.
In that case, can you enlighten us and tell which country in the world is going to be the big dog? If you say “China”, please list the countries where China has defense agreements and military bases around the planet.

Mar 2019
Kansas
In that case, can you enlighten us and tell which country in the world is going to be the big dog? If you say “China”, please list the countries where China has defense agreements and military bases around the planet.
China has been empire building through economics for a good 20 - 30 years. They have very extensive agreements through out the Pacific and Africa basically induced by debt. So I think I could argue they are the country most likely

Status
Closed

Similar History Discussions