Is being straight or gay genetic and fixed?

Nov 2014
ph
Is being gay or straight genetic and fixed, or is sexual orientation fluid, if it is genetic and fixed, then how do you explain Greco-Roman male bisexuality or prison sex, or surveys that show that less than 50 percent of generation z people would consider themselves straight, which seems to be wildly out of proportion with the assumption and only a tiny percentage of the population is inherently LGBT? And how does this square with the seeming epidemic of teen girls in the US claiming to be ftm transsexuals? Do conservatives have a point, considering Greco-Roman sexual culture, that the normalization of homosexuality and bisexuality can cause straight people to become bisexual, and the implications that this can have on things like STDs and AIDs? I remember one of the arguments by the pro gay side during the 90s and early 2000s that there is no way that you can make a straight person gay or bisexual, as an argument against conversion therapy, but then what explains what was going on in the Greco-Roman world, where male bisexuality was universal? And what about the controversy about how a lot of lesbians can not see me to accept mtf transsexuals as being 100 percent truly female, and accuse them of autogynephilia?

Last edited:
Jul 2016
USA
A very very small portion of the population is actually homosexual, being unattracted sexually by the opposite sex. The larger percentage are more pansexual, in keeping with the human tradition of opportunistic sex with whatever is available and seems pleasing and acceptable. That would explain things like the past Greco-Roman homosexual cultural phenomenon, the present Pashtun and Arab cultural tradition, or the Sambia tribe of Papua New Guinea.

What does genetic mean? Is there a gay gene? No. What happens is an imbalance of hormones in an individual for that tiny sliver of population who are fully homosexual, repulsed by the opposite sex. And while that could be a genetic defect, it could just as easily be the result of environmental conditions (a factor of something as simple as a problem with oxygen exchange in the placenta at a key stage in fetus development). But the larger portion of the population, its purely choice, made more complicated by tying in culture, identity, identity politics, to the extent that gays and lesbians (lesbian used to also be included in gay) want to exclude bisexuals because they feel they are dishonest about their sexuality.

Nov 2014
ph
A very very small portion of the population is actually homosexual, being unattracted sexually by the opposite sex. The larger percentage are more pansexual, in keeping with the human tradition of opportunistic sex with whatever is available and seems pleasing and acceptable. That would explain things like the past Greco-Roman homosexual cultural phenomenon, the present Pashtun and Arab cultural tradition, or the Sambia tribe of Papua New Guinea.

What does genetic mean? Is there a gay gene? No. What happens is an imbalance of hormones in an individual for that tiny sliver of population who are fully homosexual, repulsed by the opposite sex. And while that could be a genetic defect, it could just as easily be the result of environmental conditions (a factor of something as simple as a problem with oxygen exchange in the placenta at a key stage in fetus development). But the larger portion of the population, its purely choice, made more complicated by tying in culture, identity, identity politics, to the extent that gays and lesbians (lesbian used to also be included in gay) want to exclude bisexuals because they feel they are dishonest about their sexuality.
https://www.google.com.ph/amp/www.l...100-percent-straight-or-gay-20180314.amp.html Well this one study basically says that NO ONE is the 100 percent gay or straight, so this means in theory that some aspects of conversion therapy may technically be possible? And it also begs the question if it is possible to move within the spectrum with free will? Also there was a past study among females and sexual promiscuity and bisexuality seems to have a positive correlation.

Jul 2016
USA
https://www.google.com.ph/amp/www.l...100-percent-straight-or-gay-20180314.amp.html Well this one study basically says that NO ONE is the 100 percent gay or straight, so this means in theory that some aspects of conversion therapy may technically be possible? And it also begs the question if it is possible to move within the spectrum with free will? Also there was a past study among females and sexual promiscuity and bisexuality seems to have a positive correlation.
Since being gay or straight is directly related singly to one thing, a sexual activity, its really impossible to definitively categorize anyone. But there are a subsection of people who claim to be homosexual who are emphatically unattracted sexually to the opposite sex, and that is is either physical, or mental, behavioral. If its physical, then its hormonal, which can be genetic or more likely environmental during gestation. If its mental/behavioral, its likely the result of some event in early childhood, similar to how most pedophiles claim they themselves were sexually molested at a young age.

What is conversation therapy really? It usually boils down to repressing sexual desire by attempting to use some sort of guilt or other behavioral modification. And would it work? Absolutely, to some extent. How do we know this? Because enough human cultures in history have absolutely loved banging the same sex and the only thing that created a straight laced culture of heterosexuality was a stigma on any same sex unions. Apply that again, and it works for most, just not that sliver of a population who are repulsed by opposite sex for physical/mental reasons.

But the point is, why bother? Sure, in the long run, being homosexual isn't great for the human race in terms of procreation, but unless some massive disaster hits the planet, most people would gladly accept rising rates of homosexuality in exchange for declining birth rates and a check on population rise. Besides that, I don't really see any true negatives with homosexuality that necessitate conversation therapy. Are they hurting anyone? Are they trying to subvert others to their lifestyle? If the answer is no, then rock on, have fun, stay out of trouble, use protection, and try to be a good boy or girl.

I think that's an absolute load of rubbish, how the hell do they know?

Have they been in the mind of every individual on the planet? garbage.

I can say hand on heart that I have never looked at a man and fancied a guy, there is nothing about masculinity I find attractive, I only find femininity attractive so I fail to see how that doesn't make me 100% straight?

These people today have a weird obsession with peoples sexuality and trying to force homosexuality / Transgenders on all of us, I just stay well clear of it.

I don't have a problem with what anyone is, what you do is your business but I don't go around throwing my straightness in peoples faces so why should I accept it done in reverse?

The West is going to hell in a handbag at the moment, of all my years I've never seen such a duff era.

When people look back on this era 100 years from now this is what they'll see..........

Internet mob rule
Forced pronoun's
Men robbed of their masculinity
Alt right vs Antifa slanging matches
Americans unhealthily obsessed with the topic of race
Twitter
American Colleges turned into Communist political bases

....... and I've notice the elite are quietly in the background increasing their riches while everyone else is occupying themselves doing all of the above to even be bothered to hold them to account.

Great times.

Jul 2016
USA

History and anthropology are the answer. There have simply been too many historical cultures, and present day as well, that emphasized same sex coupling, to include pederasty, as normal, for anyone to say flat out that any person is incapable of banging another person of the same sex at least once in their lives (which is the defining aspect of homosexuality, acting out on same sex attraction).

Are there people who absolutely wont do it? Probably. So doubtfully its a 100%. But at the same time, history and anthropology prove that humanity are definitely opportunistic when it comes to sexual gratification.

Want to show how much choice and culture has to play? Watch this enlightening piece:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VKWLC87Uzw

While you and others would be utterly disturbed by these people, they find it utterly normal what they are doing to the extent that not doing it is weird. Because culture.

holoow

Ad Honorem
Jun 2012
Vilnius, Lithuania

I can say hand on heart that I have never looked at a man and fancied a guy, there is nothing about masculinity I find attractive, I only find femininity attractive so I fail to see how that doesn't make me 100% straight?
Although I notice if other men are attractive, I never feel any sexual feelings towards them.
It's absolutely impossible and I think majority of straight men feel the same.

But if you remove culture then what?

I've grown up in an environment where I could choose who or what I fancy, surely that's more of an indication of what someones true sexuality is.

The thought of kissing a man would make me vomit before it would make me erect so the fact that I'm free culturally to let my instincts decide what I find attractive for me is what I consider a true indicator.

Jul 2016
USA
But if you remove culture then what?

I've grown up in an environment where I could choose who or what I fancy, surely that's more of an indication of what someones true sexuality is.
If you remove culture then human beings are blank slates. Basically cave men with the potential to put men on the Moon but stuck banging rocks together.

The thought of kissing a man would make me vomit before it would make me erect so the fact that I'm free culturally to let my instincts decide what I find attractive for me is what I consider a true indicator
And in another place and time you'd be banging boys (like ancient Greece or present day Pashtun villages of Afghanistan or Pakistan), or banging donkeys (a certain village in Colombia). Because culture tells you to do it.

Look at food. Something that might turn your stomach and make you want to vomit is considered a delicacy to others. Not because of genetics, but because of culture.

The 10 Most Disgusting Delicacies to Try Before You Die - Would You Eat These?

Nothing on that list makes my mouth water. And yet a whole hell of a lot of people love that stuff.

Although I notice if other men are attractive, I never feel any sexual feelings towards them.
It's absolutely impossible and I think majority of straight men feel the same.
Well that's what I mean.

Hell you can tell if a horse is good looking, take an old flea bitten horse and then look at a thorough bred, race horse.

You can tell which one looks better, fitter as a specimen than the other, that doesn't mean you want to sleep with the horse.

We use that for everything, a Ferrari is better looking than a Ford Mondeo ......... again, I don't want to sleep with the Ferrari.