Is feminism ruining the West?

Nov 2014
ph
Does the altright have a point when they say that women's empowerment is ruining the West? Basically the argument is that feminism is promoting the rise in female hypergamy which incentivices illegitimacy and deadbeat men, at the cost of the more responsible salary man, also the rise of women in the work force led to an increase in labor supply, which lowered the salary of men, and that female suffrage led to the rise of left wing causes such as mass immigration and communism, although the later predates women's suffrage, and the former is a lot due to corporate demand for cheap labor. Finally the fact that women and men are now in close contact with each other in the workplace lead to an increase in infidelity among women, since they now have more opportunities to cheat, compared to when she was staying all day in the house. Basically the ideal state for the alright seems to be like ancient Athens where women are basically consigned to the house and have very limited rights to go out unaccompanied. But how much of these problems is due to the rise in sexual promiscuity in the West since the 60s rather than women's rights?

Last edited:
Jun 2012
Texas
Does the altright have a point when they say that women's empowerment is ruining the West? Basically the argument is that feminism is promoting the rise in female hypergamy which incentivices illegitimacy and deadbeat men, at the cost of the more responsible salary man, also the rise of women in the work force led to an increase in labor supply, which lowered the salary of men, and that female suffrage led to the rise of left wing causes such as mass immigration and communism, although the later predates women's suffrage, and the former is a lot due to corporate demand for cheap labor. Finally the fact that women and men are now in close contact with each other in the workplace lead to an increase in infidelity among women, since they now have more opportunities to cheat, compared to when she was staying all day in the house. Basically the ideal state for the alright seems to be like ancient Athens where women are basically consigned to the house and have very limited rights to go out unaccompanied. But how much of these problems is due to the rise in sexual promiscuity in the West since the 60s rather than women's rights?
I am betting you're male aren't you.

Last edited:
Jun 2018
New York
I think there is definitely something to be said about the current state of feminism. Is it ruining the west? No. Do I personally think it has gone off the crazy end? Yes. I believe values have been lost to this movement, especially in recent years. Do I think this because the altright claims it? Nope. That's from my own observations. On the whole most people have no problem with women going out and making a life for themselves. People have a problem when it leads to violence against others. This goes for any group not just Feminists.

Jul 2016
USA
Sure, there is no backlash, and no way are they alienating anyone. Just keep it up. I think the feminists need to up the game 1000% more. Don't double down, quadruple down! Please!

Similar History Discussions