Is feminism ruining the West?

Jan 2014
Rus
How is it in Russia, as a matter of interest?
Difficult question. Sure that 50 years ago West society was much more free than Russian. But later USSR fell dawn. We got some freedom, but got much trubbles, because couldnt handle with it. Now situation very slowly returns back to USSR style.

Ohterwise, West, as i see, moving fast to USSRs level of propaganda and restrictions during last decades.

I cannt say where state is better or worse. But sometimes when i reading some news from USA, i imagine that similarity with USSR already achieved.

Oct 2013
Planet Nine, Oregon
Why women don't write Wikipedia articles. In their own words. Yep.
Nine Reasons Women Don’t Edit Wikipedia (in their own words)
So if that is too emotionally difficult, regular work is bound to be more stressful.
A comment from the site:
"
Hildegard says:
February 20, 2011 at 6:18 AM
I don’t edit Wikipedia because I see no reason why I should work for free for Jimmy Wales.

There are already more than enough jobs that women do for free – why on earth would I add to my tasks the drudgery of editing Wikipedia?

That said, I find your analysis offensively patronising."
:D

Last edited:

VHS

Ad Honorem
Dec 2015
Brassicaland
Something like that. You can see at China. It have long tradition of suppression and feminism too.
Contemporary feminism originated from the British Isles, and Mary Wollstonecraft was one of the earliest pioneer.
Later, feminists of the West went for women suffrage and women in workplaces.
Industrialization and the World Wars might have accelerated the results of feminism: Educated women in the workplaces, and women do not need to "wish" to be men to achieve their full potentials.
Mao Zedong and the Communist Party have significantly advanced feminism and are way more successful than India.

Oct 2013
Planet Nine, Oregon
Women at Microsoft say it’s a toxic place to work

"Hogan, the head of HR (who is investigating the recent complaints) published the results of an internal equal pay study in April 2016, which the company conducted in response to complaints. In a blog post summarizing the study’s conclusions, Hogan said the study found that women at Microsoft earn 99.8 cents for every $1 earned by men with the same job title and level. Hogan said the numbers reflect the company’s “commitment to equal pay for equal work.” But women fumed, saying the study ignored the fact that women were less likely to get promoted."

Mar 2019
Europe
Women at Microsoft say it’s a toxic place to work

"Hogan, the head of HR (who is investigating the recent complaints) published the results of an internal equal pay study in April 2016, which the company conducted in response to complaints. In a blog post summarizing the study’s conclusions, Hogan said the study found that women at Microsoft earn 99.8 cents for every $1 earned by men with the same job title and level. Hogan said the numbers reflect the company’s “commitment to equal pay for equal work.” But women fumed, saying the study ignored the fact that women were less likely to get promoted."
lol... that are FULL 0.2 cents more ))
Let's make it a World problem.

martin76

Ad Honorem
Dec 2014
Spain
Exactly.. a totalitarian movement as the nazism or communism.. but without the courage proved by the totalitarian movements in Götterdämmerung in 1945 or in Красный Октябрь in 1942.

Similar History Discussions