Is Han even an ethnicity?

May 2017
China
But if we're going by the definition of core Sinitic lands, then China should be a lot smaller

Or even smaller than that

if we use your arguement and logic then the whole world will full of no man's land except some little patch of territory.

then all turk and mongol should only live in mongolia particulary near altaic mountain west mongolia

then all white whatever their group (germanic slavic romanic) should go back and live in europe only

then all austronesian that live in southeast asia and pacific islands must go back to taiwan island, etc.

May 2017
China
Hakka Nyin

While it is not an absolute policy, the moderators at Historum try to discourage zombie revival of long dead threads for several reasons. There are several reasons for this:
1. There was probably good reason for the thread to lapse into inactivity.
2. It is likely that most of the members who posted in the thread are no longer active and cannot respond if quoted or questioned.

If a retired thread subject interests you, a new thread on the topic with a link to the old thread is a preferable posting technique.

Just keep this in mind in the future.
okay then, sorry.

Jun 2018
New Hampshire
The only reason you even made this thread is to ramble on again about how the southern Chinese aren't Chinese. If you asked practically anyone in southern China whether they considered themselves Han (assuming they don't belong to one of the other ethnicities such as Zhuang) they would say that they do consider themselves Han.
I take it some Han nationalists consider Southern Chinese to be more akin to Southeast Asians rather than true Chinese?

May 2017
China
I take it some Han nationalists consider Southern Chinese to be more akin to Southeast Asians rather than true Chinese?
geneticly speaking yes, they are not han chinese to begin with, but after conquest and assimilation then yes they are han chinese.

in here we are not allowed to talk about dna, but i have check southern han chinese dna, the fast majority of it (55% - 70%) are not han chinese dna, but austroasiatic, southeast asian dna.

May 2017
Hong Kong
To be exact nearly all Southern Chinese do not know they are partly akin to Southeast Asians. the Cantonese for an example share larger portion of bloodline from the Hans in the north for the males. Many minority ethnic groups in Southwest China know that they are more akin to some Southeast Asian ethnic groups. Some Han nationalists in the north do consider Southern Chinese quite different from Hans like them whilst forgetting a substantial part of modern Chinese history was initiated by Southerners in numerous cases.

May 2017
China
if you watch chinese territory far far far far far far farrrrrrrr back to shang and zhou dynasty you will realized what now modern china's southern province wasn't chinese territory back then, and it is not empty, it is full of savages that our ancestor regarded as southern barbarian.

Shang Dynasty Map
shang-dynasty-map1.gif
Four Barbarians
Four Barbarians - Wikipedia
Four Barbarians was a derogatory Chinese term[citation needed] for various ancient non-Chinese peoples bordering ancient China, namely, the Dōngyí "Eastern Barbarians", Nánmán "Southern Barbarians", Xīróng 西 "Western Barbarians", and Běidí "Northern Barbarians".
672px-Huaxiasiyi.svg.png

after our ancestor successful conquest of southern china, those remaining southern barbarian was assimilated and sinicized in all term from culture, language, and blood.