Is Israel going to see a lot more emigration once it becomes more and more overpopulated?

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
What's missing is asking the Palestinians to decide what THEY want.

If there was an honest intention by someone to broker a peace deal that addressed the legitimate rights and concerns of both peoples equally, a settlement would be possible, but the intention just is not there. It's all about the Middle East being re-arranged solely to satisfy Israel's requirements.
Oh, I agree that allowing large-scale Jewish immigration into Palestine without Palestinian approval was morally questionable. Of course, other countries were unfortunately no longer willing to accept large numbers of Jews themselves--which was the problem in regards to this since Jews needed some place to find safe refuge.

Dec 2011
Oh, I agree that allowing large-scale Jewish immigration into Palestine without Palestinian approval was morally questionable. Of course, other countries were unfortunately no longer willing to accept large numbers of Jews themselves--which was the problem in regards to this since Jews needed some place to find safe refuge.
Futurist, I am not against the Jews being given a homeland. I am saying that, even in spite of the mistakes, even moral crimes, of the past, this whole situation could be settled by mutual agreement, if there was a real will to do so. Compensation to Palestinians (and probably to Jews that were expelled from Arab states) would be part of it. That would be very expensive, but look at how many billions are spent each year for aid to Palistinian refugees (about 1), Israeli defence spending (17) US aid to Israel (3), etc., which over 50 years (since 1967 war) must amount to hundreds of billions of dollars, at todays prices. But it is, I think, a matter of destructive hate and/or contempt, probably on both sides, where people would rather live in state of continual conflict, costing more than giving compensation, than see their money go to people they have long had, as I say, contempt for.

Last edited:

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Oh, I completely agree that this conflict can be easily solved if the will for this actually existed on both sides. IMHO, something similar to the 2003 Geneva Initiative, but with Israel keeping both Har Homa and the entire Latrun salient, would probably be ideal. I'd even be willing to tolerate giving the Palestinians more land in a land swap if the quality of the land that they'll get will be inferior to the quality of land that Israel will get.

starman

Ad Honorem
Jan 2014
Connecticut
I think it is pretty clear, that there will be no Palestinian state. All involved parties should forget whole idea and start pushing Israel to provide equal rights for all people that live there.
I doubt the Palestinians will abandon their quest for independence easily, if at all. It is precisely because Israel is a jewish state that the Palestinians can’t expect equal rights. They'd always be second class citizens. Because the Palestinians won’t give up seeking a state, and the Israelis covet what’s left of their land, there won’t be peace but eventual mass ethnic cleansing. Barring the unforeseen that is, unfortunately, the most likely scenario.

starman

Ad Honorem
Jan 2014
Connecticut
If there was an honest intention by someone to broker a peace deal that addressed the legitimate rights and concerns of both peoples equally, a settlement would be possible, but the intention just is not there. It's all about the Middle East being re-arranged solely to satisfy Israel's requirements.
Sure and you know why that’s so? Because of a bunch of traitors here known as the pro Israel lobby. Although, at the end of the day the fault lies with a misinformed and little interested US public....

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
I doubt the Palestinians will abandon their quest for independence easily, if at all. It is precisely because Israel is a jewish state that the Palestinians can’t expect equal rights. They'd always be second class citizens. Because the Palestinians won’t give up seeking a state, and the Israelis covet what’s left of their land, there won’t be peace but eventual mass ethnic cleansing. Barring the unforeseen that is, unfortunately, the most likely scenario.
If Gaza is also annexed (extremely unlikely), then the Palestinians will form a majority in a Greater Israel. That should allow them to determine their own destiny.

starman

Ad Honorem
Jan 2014
Connecticut
If Gaza is also annexed (extremely unlikely), then the Palestinians will form a majority in a Greater Israel. That should allow them to determine their own destiny.
Lol I’m afraid that’s highly naive. Blacks made up the majority in South Africa but they were held down a long time. True they eventually won out but there’s a difference. Opposition to apartheid was almost universal outside South Africa. In contrast Israel gets a virtual free pass. No matter what it does, there are always passionate supporters here who will exculpate it and compel continued support.

Mar 2014
Lithuania
Recently I have watched video about Israel working hard for Jews that remain in Europe to go to Israel and there are signs, that they might come. Their requirements are quite low, one family that was filmed in Ukraine had just one Jewish parental grandfather on fathers side and they were given all kind of support just to entice them to come to Israel. They had 4 children. This might change situation in the West Bank dramatically in pretty short period of time. Gaza is more like refugee camp than a country, if we count that, then Palestinians already have a state I guess.