Is it possible that United States will officially apologize in future for atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki?

Status
Closed

aggienation

Ad Honorem
Jul 2016
USA
who claimed them? you are trying to use your assumption for their argument's defence.

regards
You made the claim, you need to defend it. You claimed that use of Agent Orange was a violation of chemical weapon use. Okay now, Mr. Lawyer, you have to prove that. It requires more than just a screenshot of a single paragraph.

Believe it or not, actual lawyers have toyed with this very discussion for over 40 years. I know you didn't read any of their case law and legal briefs, but you have the opportunity to. And considering your stance, its your responsibility to.

If you stick with it, then its on you to provide more than an accusation, but a full argument, including evidence. Then and only then am I required to do likewise to defend it.

Mar 2019
KL
You made the claim, you need to defend it. You claimed that use of Agent Orange was a violation of chemical weapon use. Okay now, Mr. Lawyer, you have to prove that. It requires more than just a screenshot of a single paragraph.

Believe it or not, actual lawyers have toyed with this very discussion for over 40 years. I know you didn't read any of their case law and legal briefs, but you have the opportunity to. And considering your stance, its your responsibility to.

If you stick with it, then its on you to provide more than an accusation, but a full argument, including evidence. Then and only then am I required to do likewise to defend it.
you are the most patriotic united statesian ever.

1560267839275.png

regards

Aug 2014
pakistan
Yes, this is you passing the judgment when you have no fact whatsoever to support your opinion that the US is guilty of an act UNPRECEDENTED in history. As @BuckBradley has already mentioned, you can go on blabbering this sort of pseudo-emotional nonsense but we will always be there to counter you with HARD FACTS.
Chill, dont be emotional, we are just having a discussion here. I am here to learn and discuss. I dont understand why members here are getting so agitated and offended?. Its a very inoffensive question. If Americans are getting offended then one can understand why but whats your excuse?.

"What about rape Nanjing" is whataboustism. I have already explained why. I am here to discuss only American atomic bombing of the two cities of Japan and the possibility of America officially apologizing for it in future. I am not going to discuss the other war crimes and acts of terrorism by allied forces during WW1. And i am not going to entertain whataboutism and derailing of this thread with "what about rape Nanjing" , "what about nukes of Pakistan", "what about rapes of Bengali women by Pakistani soldiers". etc

Its not the trial of America on the basis of some treaties and laws. Terrorism and genocide is objectively wrong. America herself acknowledges that use of unconventional weapons is against ethics and principles of war. It is evident from their resolution in 1922 and when she invaded Iraq for possessing chemical weapons (which was a false propaganda). America acknowledges that nukes are dangerous and threat to this world and it is evident from her efforts against nuclear proliferation. America has been on the verge of war with Iran over this.

aggienation

Ad Honorem
Jul 2016
USA
Chill, dont be emotional, we are just having a discussion here. I am here to learn and discuss. I dont understand why members here are getting so agitated and offended?. Its a very inoffensive question. If Americans are getting offended then one can understand why but whats your excuse?.

"What about rape Nanjing" is whataboustism. I have already explained why. I am here to discuss only American atomic bombing of the two cities of Japan and the possibility of America officially apologizing for it in future. I am not going to discuss the other war crimes and acts of terrorism by allied forces during WW1. And i am not going to entertain whataboutism and derailing of this thread with "what about rape Nanjing" , "what about nukes of Pakistan", "what about rapes of Bengali women by Pakistani soldiers". etc

Its not the trial of America on the basis of some treaties and laws. Terrorism and genocide is objectively wrong. America herself acknowledges that use of unconventional weapons is against ethics and principles of war. It is evident from their resolution in 1922 and when she invaded Iraq for possessing chemical weapons (which was a false propaganda). America acknowledges that nukes are dangerous and threat to this world and it is evident from her efforts against nuclear proliferation. America has been on the verge of war with Iran over this.
Apples is the best fruit.
What about oranges?
No whataboutism, I declare we're only allowed to discuss why apples is the best fruit.

Mar 2019
Kansas
Because most of the moral and legal arguments about the US use of these weapons come from legislation enacted after the war. Why? Because WW2 was total war. All side fudged or outright broke existing conventions of war. Even the most civilized of nations got down and dirty with this particular war.

That is why the Nuremburg principles were created, the Geneva convention updated, and the World Court created in the Hague. It was all to create clear and consistent guidelines for how nations should act during war. In a sense the concepts are designed to avoid another situation where total war becomes reality.

The decision to drop the bombs were the best of a lot of bad ideas. Every other solution produced orders of magnitude more casualties and suffering. So we can argue the morals of dropping the bombs, but to do that we have to be able to produce a scenario in which the outcome was better than dropping the bombs.

Feb 2019
California
Any heinous and evil act, whether its punishable by a law or not, is a crime.
You see THIS is your problem. That statement you just made is like saying "any animal, regardless of whether it has wings and a beak, is a cat." It's like saying "every night, regardless of the absense of sun, is day." It's like saying " disease, whether or not it involves mitosis, is cancer."

In fact, the VERY DEFINITION OF A CRIME IS SOMETHING PUNISHABLE BY LAW.

Perhaps you need to restrict your comments to some forum in your native language????

Aug 2014
pakistan
Japanese people were absolutely test subjects, in the exact same way any brand new weapon system used for the time operationally against a live target is used for testing too. You think the US dropped $4 billion (in 1940s level of money) and wasn't going to bother to actually see the results of the bomb?
I agree , Japanese people were test subjects and America wanted to see the impact and effects of nukes on cities. Besides that, the intention was to terrorize Japanese nation. Thats why its a greatest incident of terrorism and war crime in human history, in my opinion.

Status
Closed