Is it wrong to fear but also feel bad for China?

Status
Closed

tomar

Ad Honoris
Jan 2011
USA has been around for some 270 years, the PRC only 70. To rigidly compare them both on in their interactions with other nations is misleading. We don't know what China is like on the world stage. In their domestic sphere, all news is so tightly controlled, alongside all other aspects of their society, it's hard to tell (even if you're Chinese and living in China) what their government actually believe is the correct way to govern.

Of those 70 years, China has only been active on the world stage for about 20. Even within those 20, China is still restricted by numerous factors for projecting world power.

Let's wait and see how China reacts during this coming century; let's wait and see how Chinese people themselves act towards other nations.
The PRC might have been around for only 70 years, but China as an entity (whether you want to call it a nation, a civilization, a state or whatever) has been around for millenia....

tomar

Ad Honoris
Jan 2011
The US at least so far has operated according to sets of principles that makes it possible to 1) conclude when the US has acted in a manner and/or spirit that goes against them, and 2) the US has, so far, been possible to shame over it.
What is this "set of principles" ?

Jul 2019
hongkong
China is in the cross hairs lately. They have risen to a modern high tech society rivaling the United States. It has come a long way from it century of humiliation to a major world power. Should their human rights abuses be seen as impeding on the modern norms of a civilized globalized world or just another chapter in history?
i think Americans are not afraid of China , Not even these empty concepts, it afraid loss of superpowers.

Chinese history has been strong and declined many times. Perhaps the Chinese understand how to use power better than Americans.

Because the Chinese know very well that no country can have super power forever. This is a natural law.

so China has risen today and India has risen tomorrow. all countries can do is't

Jul 2019
hongkong
Let's wait and see how China reacts during this coming century; let's wait and see how Chinese people themselves act towards other nations.
You are talking about China's worldview.

The Chinese divide countries in the world into three categories.

1.Neighbor

The Chinese have different definitions of the East. The East as understood by the Chinese refers to the area east of the Himalayas.only East Asia and Southeast Asia.

The East is more yellow race. Have similar cultures and lifestyles. Half of the overseas Chinese are here. These countries know China and how to get along, because we have lived together for more than 2,000 years.

2.Western

European and American and Russia. The Chinese are clearly different from the Westerners. We recognize that Westerners lead modern history, possess powerful power and knowledge, and are models of our learning. But we are not interested in joining the Western camp, because the West invaded China, which does not mean that China wants revenge, but that it wants to strengthen its strength to protect itself from Western influence.

3. friends

Other countries, including India, Islam, Africa, South America are our business partners and friends.

Baldtastic

Ad Honorem
Aug 2009
Londinium
The PRC might have been around for only 70 years, but China as an entity (whether you want to call it a nation, a civilization, a state or whatever) has been around for millenia....
This doesn't dispute my point, as I never stated anything in opposition to your post.

While there is some continuation with past entities, such as how the US claims it's origins among the 13 Colonies, the 13 colonies/USA and the millennia old Sinic Civ/PRC are entirely different from one and another, in essence, only language has really remained from their precursors.

Furthermore, both the USA and PRC have seemingly centered their modern identities on being the polar opposite of their forebears, as is common post-revolution; republic Vs monarchy and communist nation Vs imperial system.

Baldtastic

Ad Honorem
Aug 2009
Londinium
You are talking about China's worldview.

The Chinese divide countries in the world into three categories.

1.Neighbor

The Chinese have different definitions of the East. The East as understood by the Chinese refers to the area east of the Himalayas.only East Asia and Southeast Asia.

The East is more yellow race. Have similar cultures and lifestyles. Half of the overseas Chinese are here. These countries know China and how to get along, because we have lived together for more than 2,000 years.

2.Western

European and American and Russia. The Chinese are clearly different from the Westerners. We recognize that Westerners lead modern history, possess powerful power and knowledge, and are models of our learning. But we are not interested in joining the Western camp, because the West invaded China, which does not mean that China wants revenge, but that it wants to strengthen its strength to protect itself from Western influence.

3. friends

Other countries, including India, Islam, Africa, South America are our business partners and friends.
*Islam isn't a country, think you mean Islamic nations :)

So category 3 is called "friends" rather than "everyone else"? Does China have any enemies or rivals, No.4 perhaps?

Interesting take, and I suspect that every country has the same list arrangement, although clearly every nation has rivals or outright enemies so I'd be interested to hear your take on that missing category.

heylouis

Ad Honorem
Apr 2013
China
it does not matter whether you fear or feel bad for china

there is only one thing you should keep in mind.

china survives.

it does not matter china is strong or weak. china is the only survivor of the ancient civilizations. egypt, greek, roman are all gone.

china has a history recording tradition. this tradition is for future rather than just memorizing.

in a long time, the world need to live with the existence of a china, be it PRC or something else.

and china will always be china, nobody should expect china be like US or UK.

what matters is how you choose. i bet you do not want to fear or feel bad for thousands of years.

Reactions: Karst Hill Fort
Jul 2019
hongkong
So category 3 is called "friends" rather than "everyone else"? Does China have any enemies or rivals, No.4 perhaps?

Interesting take, and I suspect that every country has the same list arrangement, although clearly every nation has rivals or outright enemies so I'd be interested to hear your take on that missing category.
I say that . maybe that the account will be closed. In fact, I have received many warnings.

China has only one enemy , is the United States.

After the dissolution of the Soviet Union, Americans did not abandon ideological warfare, continued to promote American democracy worldwide, and overturned countless countries. China is naturally one of their goals and has never given up.

For example, attacking the Chinese Communist Party, supporting separatism, and funding color revolutions are all aimed at overthrowing the Chinese government and letting the democrats in Hong Kong and Taiwan rule.So I hate ideology because it will start war.

Status
Closed