Is LESOTHO the best example of an African country=nation?

Jul 2017
Argentina
Hi members.
Please, excuse my ignorance in African history. Take this OP as a question, not a statement.
A couple of years ago, there was a rugby match in Bluemfontain, South Africa. I saw that the city is very closed to Lesotho. I had always believed that Lesotho was a bantustan that survived the hard segregation era of South Africa surrounding. But I was wrong. Instead, the sesoto-speaking people were in that same place since befor europeans came to cut Africa in peaces and force peoples migrations and cultural aberration.
Are they the only nation that survived colonisation waves from out of Europe?? Or is there some other country in Africa being the straight heit of a pre colonial african nation??

¡¡aguanTe Talleres!!

Jul 2017
Sydney
I think Ethiopia remained uncolonized for the most part as well. You can check that information out and verify for yourself

kandal

Ad Honorem
Aug 2015
USA
Hi members.
Please, excuse my ignorance in African history. Take this OP as a question, not a statement.
A couple of years ago, there was a rugby match in Bluemfontain, South Africa. I saw that the city is very closed to Lesotho. I had always believed that Lesotho was a bantustan that survived the hard segregation era of South Africa surrounding. But I was wrong. Instead, the sesoto-speaking people were in that same place since befor europeans came to cut Africa in peaces and force peoples migrations and cultural aberration.
Are they the only nation that survived colonisation waves from out of Europe?? Or is there some other country in Africa being the straight heit of a pre colonial african nation??

¡¡aguanTe Talleres!!
Lesotho was a British colony. It was separate from South Africa that surrounded it.

Devdas

Ad Honorem
Apr 2015
India
Hi members.

¡¡aguanTe Talleres!!
Its a country within country. South African Rand is also a legal currency in Lesotho. Most likely it wasn't integrated into South Africa because it has a monarchy. The case looks similar to that of Bhutan, Bhutan was a princely state under suzerainty of British India, after British left, it preferred to remain as an independent country.

Similar History Discussions