Is MI5 interfering in Scottish affairs?

Status
Closed

Bish

Ad Honorem
Dec 2011
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk.
What are you on? The main thrust was on the future. Not only staying in the EU but currency etc.
Oh yes he had promised one. According to your logic we should not have taken thsat into account because it was not of the, 2014, present.
As for not 'considering all possibilities', we are being forced out of the EU. People cast their vote based on very little info.
You just keep living the lie. At the end of the day, the Scottish people decided to stay with what was best for their pockets, sucking the English dry. Same reason they wanted to form a Union in the first place, they knew where they were better off. No one forced your nation to vote to stay in the UK and so you are not being forced to leave the EU.

Bish

Ad Honorem
Dec 2011
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk.
I've always found the SNP's pro-EU and anti-Brexit stance baffling. How can they call themselves Scottish nationalists but want Scotland to be part of the EU rather than being an independent, sovereign, state? It's weird. True Scottish nationalists would wholeheartedly support Brexit.

Why Plaid Cymru and the SNP love the EU
Excellent article, thanks Warwolf.

GogLais

Ad Honorem
Sep 2013
Wirral
I've always found the SNP's pro-EU and anti-Brexit stance baffling. How can they call themselves Scottish nationalists but want Scotland to be part of the EU rather than being an independent, sovereign, state? It's weird. True Scottish nationalists would wholeheartedly support Brexit.

The Scots can speak for themselves - and I’m sure they will - but my guess is that Scotland now sees itself as a generally left of centre country that has right of centre policies imposed on it by a Westminster government. In terms of domestic welfare policy and the like they might have more discretion out of the U.K. They might be wrong or right but that may be their perception.

May 2011
Morayshire, Scotland
You just keep living the lie. At the end of the day, the Scottish people decided to stay with what was best for their pockets
That's worked out well hasn't it!

sucking the English dry
I've been through this before and still you 'live the lie'

Same reason they wanted to form a Union in the first place, they knew where they were better off
I really think you should do a little research. Many of those who voted for Union were bribed by the English Government. Unpaid pensions were suddenly paid and , crucially, those who lost money because of the failure of Darien were offered compensation @ 5% interest. Interestingly, members of the Squadrone Volante were in the ranks of those who were offered the money. The importance of that? Well, the Squadrone, to a man, were anti Union but were so grateful for the English bribe that they voted for. Had they stuck to their guns the Union would not have happened.

No one forced your nation to vote to stay in the UK and so you are not being forced to leave the EU.
Scotland voted 62% to 38% to Remain. We are being forced out!!!

May 2011
Morayshire, Scotland

The SNP stance on the EU was vindicated when 62% voted Remain. Scotland would be in the EU as an Independent member. Probably a net contributor, the country showed, by the vote, that we are willing to work with other Independent countries to help the poorer states out whilst receiving money for projects beneficial to Scotland. The English electorate, by a very small majority, voted selfishly to move away from working together with the other member states

Linschoten

Ad Honoris
Aug 2010
Wessex
Oh the noble Scots, they must be walking on air the whole time at the thought that they are so morally superior! I conslole myself with that we Englsih can at least provide the best villains for Hollywood films.

GogLais

Ad Honorem
Sep 2013
Wirral
Scotland voted 62% to 38% to Remain. We are being forced out!!!
Scotland had a referendum on whether to remain in the U.K. with the knowledge that an U.K. referendum on membership of the EU was at the least possible and there was no guarantee that the U.K. would vote to remain. Scotland voted to remain in the U.K. while in possession of those facts.

The U.K. then voted to leave. What the Scots do know is up to them but this constant complaining that they were lied to or deceived does them no favours. They guessed wrongly, as many of us did.

Status
Closed

Similar History Discussions