Is MI5 interfering in Scottish affairs?

Status
Closed
May 2011
Morayshire, Scotland
GogLais: ‘I meant Scotland doesn’t like the U.K. Brexit result.
We are not the Borg up here. How often must I write this? Scotland ≠ SNPland. Scotland. Does. Not. Equal. SNPland.
And 1,018,322 of us voted for Brexit; which admittedly is 642,869 less than those who voted Remain, but even those Remain-voters are not all separatists nor have they since converted, there being a world of difference between preferring a United Kingdom within the EU and wanting to destroy a 400 year old nation out of overarching loyalty to the EU.
That totally ridiculous statement about the number of Scots who voted out is just ... ridiculous. I mean 16,141,241 in your precious Union voted Remain. A very small majority voted leave compared to the Scots vote.

May 2011
Morayshire, Scotland
m ).morayloon: ‘Note to Mods this guy is trying to get this thread locked by introducing party politics.
I know he is a newcomer and maybe doesn't know the rules but perhaps a little slap on the wrist is merited.

Help, help, I’m being oppressed!
Yes, lets have the Mods deliver judgement on a blatantly political thread created only to promote Scottish separatism.
Your appearance on the forum I suspect was to have this thread shut down. If you want to have an argument join a politics forum. I'll gladly meet you there.
As for the thread being political, only a rabid Unionist could come to such a conclusion. Salmond is a bogeyman to Unionists. The thread is about a prominent person, allegations made against him and the possible involvement of the security service. It is not partisan politics.

May 2018
North Britain
I wished to correct misimpressions of Scotland that you created by your fact-free posts—and you will note that I have provided sources, while you have provided none whatsoever.

But I fear we can no longer continue this attempt at """debate""" until the Mods deliver judgement on your highly political thread of separatist propaganda—I assume that you have employed the Report button, and are not simply relying on a passing Mod reading your postscripts.

May 2011
Morayshire, Scotland
I wished to correct misimpressions of Scotland that you created by your fact-free posts—and you will note that I have provided sources, while you have provided none whatsoever
Your links were to very partial sources. Or did you really believe the Telegraph, The Guardian, the Independent et al were neutral actors? As I suspected you would take no notice of the Wings article. Scared of the truth?

But I fear we can no longer continue this attempt at """debate""" until the Mods deliver judgement on your highly political thread of separatist propaganda—I assume that you have employed the Report button, and are not simply relying on a passing Mod reading your postscripts.
It was you who brought partisan politics into play. In what way have I been imparting 'propaganda'.
Indeed I did press the Report button. The outcome of the deliberations will be very interesting. Will your attempt to have the thread closed work? Or will you be seen for what you are - an agent provocateur.

GogLais

Ad Honorem
Sep 2013
Wirral
GogLais: ‘I meant Scotland doesn’t like the U.K. Brexit result.
We are not the Borg up here. How often must I write this?
Yes, I know, you don’t need to go to the trouble of repeating it. That’s why I said the Scots can decide who speaks for them. I’ve no idea what the Borg is by the way.

Nov 2014
Birmingham, UK
In what way have I been imparting 'propaganda'.
Many people in Scotland see the dirty paws of the dark forces of the British State all over this.

The evidence may be circumstantial but that does not mean MI5 and Special Branch are not involved in dirty tricks.
the authorities are not going to sit idly by and watch the break up of the State. Not to see that this is the case really beggars belief.
There is no doubt that the security services have infiltrated the movement and these people will undoubtedly be ordered to stir it up.

I have absolutely no doubt, although it must be said no evidence, that MI5 was heavily involved in the 2014 Referendum.
[/QUOTE]

Nov 2014
Birmingham, UK
"propaganda/prɒpəˈɡandə/
noun
1.information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote a political cause or point of view."

you asked the question 'in what way have I been imparting propaganda'

I gave some examples. EG ' I have no doubt.. although no evidence', IE the ability of the true blinkered ideologue to believe without evidence according to dogma.

or the not so subtle use of phrases such as 'the dirty paws of the dark forces of the British state' and the clear bias implicit in their use.

Nov 2010
Cornwall
I expect as well as mass recruitment of Asian and Arabic hertitage staff in MI5 in the last few years they've taken on anyone with a Glaswegian accent for the sole purpose of interfering in Scottish affairs. If so it would be a tragic waste of public money because nobody actually cares. The sooner they get independence the better so we can stop funding higher education, free prescriptions and all the other things in Scotland that are subsidised from down south.

Status
Closed

Similar History Discussions